Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys…
Have you checked out the 2007 Jeep Wrangler and the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door yet? It’s the best so far! ;)

The all new Jeep Wrangler is everything you expect; it’s taller, stronger, and tougher, it holds more horsepower and torque! It has tougher axles, more available options, tougher drivetrain, more ground clearance, and larger tires and wheels on all models!

Wow! You can visit the jeep website and take a 360 degree look at the 2007 Jeep Wrangler inside and out. You can also sign up for Jeep updates and newsletters.

If you have any questions, please ask, I'll be around :)

Kelly S
Jeep Information Center
1-800-925-JEEP / 1-800-925-5337

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Kelly. I take it you work for Jeep, so I have a question for you. What are the chances of the 3.0L diesel making it over from the grand Cherokee to the wrangler? It would seem like a no brainer to me. What i would love is a regular length wrangler with solid axels front and back, diesel engine, and a snow plow prep group. Many wranglers get used for plowing sidewalks and other small areas, so why not offer a package for these customers. Better yet, get together with a plow manufacture and offer a factory ready set up, controls and all. I have yet to see a town that doesn't at least have one jeep for doing sidewalks and other small areas. There is quite a market for this package.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sam908...
Thoughts and ideas like this are an important way of getting feedback. It is help in providing the greatest possible satisfaction for customers. Thank you :)

At this time, DaimlerChrysler has not released any plans that indicate the future production of the Jeep Wrangler with the option of the 3.0L Common Rail Diesel engine. However, with constantly shifting market trends I would hesitate to discount the possibility of new products on the horizon.

You can write to DaimlerChrysler's corporation outside suggestion office:

Daimler Chrysler Corporation
Outside Suggestion Office
CIMS: 483-02-07
800 Chrysler Drive East
Auburn Hills, MI
48326-2757

Kelly S
Jeep Information Center

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
First, welcome to Dodgetalk

diesel in a Jeep? hmm, won't a 3.0L be kinda heavy?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If a grand cherokee can take the 3.0L diesel there is no reason a wrangler that has solid axels can't. the liberty was offering a diesel for a while too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They do offer the 2.8 CRD that was used in the Liberty in the Wranger in '07 but only for export use. (They can do that since there are no emission issues outside the U.S.) Rumors are that as soon as they get it or another comparible diesel certified, they could start offering a diesel Wrangler here.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Get the October issue of "Automobile" mag as it has a lengthy write up on the 07 Wrangler. Frame is twice as stiff as the 06/overall widht is increased by 5.5 in./4 ddor has open to the sky roof called a "3 piece freedom top" it comes off in sections-very cool./ wheel base is 2.5 longer/ track is 3.5 in. wider/fuel tank moved ahead of the rear axle/ ride is better/ more leg room/ cargo space is increased by 13 cu.ft./ 3.8 litre V6 @205 hp w/240lb.-ft of torque/ price-$18,765-$28,896 two and four doors.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
30K for a jeep, I'm still wondering why,,,,

I'm not a Jeeper either

·
Banned
62 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
hmm, our dodge/jeep place said its a no go,,,, I guess as usual he dont know his product well

·
Banned
62 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Our local dealer just got in two 4 door Wranglers. My Dad and I went and looked at them tonight. They are VERY nice. It's about time they offered a 4 door. They look great!

Personally, I cant wait to see a two door Rubicon :rck:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I might have to go to my local and see

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys...
Thanks again for your comments and thoughts :) Keep them comin'!!!

hemi_dakota94, The 4-Door's do look great. Have you visited the Jeep website? You are able Build and Price a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2-Door Rubicon, and check out what it will look like.

Let me know what you think.

Kelly S
Jeep Infotrmation Center

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
MSRP as Configured: $28,010

The only options I chose were: Modular Hard Top (LOVE IT); Tinted windows; Locking Fuel Filler Cap

Steel Blue is a beautiful color. Wish I could afford one soon though. :( Think DCX is going to be having a cheritable giveaway anytime soon?? ;) lol

Attachments

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Hmm I like it alot. BTW welcome to Dodgetalk .
Im just leary of the new engine. The old 4.0 was Nearly Bullet Proof,Whats the expected reliablity of this new engine ?

·
Banned
62 Posts
jordanp123 said:
Hmm I like it alot. BTW welcome to Dodgetalk .
Im just leary of the new engine. The old 4.0 was Nearly Bullet Proof,Whats the expected reliablity of this new engine ?

I was thinking the same thing. the 4.0 is such a reliable engine. why the change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey jordanp123 and dodgerulessa
The 3.8L V6 Wrangler engine is a refinement of the old 4.0L I6 engine. This is not to say that the older engine was not suitable. Not once have I ever heard any negative feedback regarding that engine. With that in mind, Jeep has attempted to build upon the success of the 4.0L I6 engine and establish a more efficient, powerful and torque capable-engine albeit with a smaller displacement. Below I have listed the specifications for both of these engines together with their respective estimated fuel mileage ratings (specifically for the 2-door models as the 4-door models obviously cannot be compared).

4.0L I-6
Horsepower - 190 @ 4,600
Torque - 235 @ 3,200
2006 EPA est mpg (city/hwy)15/19

3.8-Liter V6
- 202hp
- 237ft-lb of torque
2007 EPA est mpg (city/hwy) 15/19

Kelly S
Jeep Information Center

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
What about the diesel in the sprinter? Would that work in the Jeep?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.