DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last weekend I was driving around and all the sudden the light comes on. I drove it for a day then brought it to Autozone to get checked. They said the O2 Sensor in Bay 1 was slow in responding. The guy said it was the first one on the passenger side of the engine. I have not replaced it yet, and have been driving the truck around. The light suddenly went off on Monday. I am still getting crappy gas mileage though. Anyone know anything? Also what is the difference between the OBD reader at Autozone and the one the dealerships use. Because dealers are charging $80 to find out what is wrong and Autozone doesn't charge me anything. Also my brothers Jeep Grand Cherokee's light just came on yesterday so I am going to bring that up to Autozone today. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I little trick is to turn your key on 3 times in a row.them your odomiter will flash a number or it will say done if there are no coads. If you need more help let me know and Ill give you detter instructions (its a trick us poormen use insted of a $300 scan tool)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ran up to Autozone today and they hooked it up to the OBD reader and it came up with a small fuel leak. The guy said to make sure the gas cap was tight. So I took the cap off and put it back on and he erased the code. I think that was what was wrong with it because I drove it back home (15miles) and no light came on. If this wasn't the problem would the light come back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you know that happend to me the engine light but it goes off and on like its a short in my wire. but now it hasn't turned off, so I don't know but it drives great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The OBDII scan tool Autozone uses works fine. I bought the same unit and have used it successfully on a couple of rigs including my Ram. About the oxygen sensor code -- there are two sensors, one before and one after the cat. If the front sensor must be changed, know that the aftermarket unit (Bosch, others) may not have a long enough pigtail to reach the truck harness connector. A replacement from your local Dodge dealer fits and is actually cheaper. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.