DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I got a check engine light and when I checked the code it was P 0305, my manual says this is a misfire on cylinder number five, when it came on the motor didnt make any noise or anything out of the norm. I disconnected the battery to reset it, and pulled the plug and it looks fine and it hasnt happened again. I was wondering if anybody else has gotten these codes before and if something else could be wrong.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
your spark plug wires could have been crossed. just a guess

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Hey mikeah, sorry kind of off topic, but do you know a Mario Compcan over there at Camp Pendleton? I work for a shipping broker and we just delivered some stuff going to the Naval Hospital there at bldg. H135. Just curious, </unhijack>.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that might be the problem but I've crossed them before and it backfired pretty bad, I also thought that the wire could be melted but it was good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sorry dont know a Mario Compcan, but I know where that hospital is where you delivered to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
this will sound like a cop-out, but misfires aren't all that uncommon on a ECU controlled motor, if you reset it and id didnt come back it was just a fluke, if it happens with regularity, check it out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I didnt know that. If starts to happen more regularly I'll have it checked out, but this is the first time it's happened

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.