DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their engine light come on at 33,000 miles. Mine has I took it to the dealer and they have no idea why that light is on and stays on, I'm thinking they made need better service people

·
Registered
758 Posts
Turn your ignition key on-off-on-off-on and then read the code that comes up on the odometer. Then check it on www.obdii.com and tell the dealer they owe you a diagnosis charge. :rck:

·
Registered
609 Posts
check the gas cap the light comes on all the time on my truck if one of the kids at the gas station didint put it on all the way. or it could be your cat going out . just my $0.02

·
Registered
148 Posts
is the 7/70 bumper to bumper?? If so then it should be covered under warranty. Mine failed around 40 000 km and they replaced it. I would argue that it should be covered, the EGR isnt something that would fail due to poor driving habits like brakes or steering components.

Keep on em, or try another dealership, the warranty should be transferable.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The EGR valve should not be failing before 100,000. If you are out of warranty check it yourself. Go to Autozone or whatever place you want and they will have the kit for you to check it with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
okay i am under 30 thousand on my durango and the pos engine light came on about two weeks ago and i went to have it checked it went off and they said nothing was wrong. last night it came on again and i got error code po406 P0406 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit High
now i don know what to do or how to fix it but it might be your problem to.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
THats my point. I think if mine goes I will be having a field with DCX over this one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just threw a P0404 this weekend. Did anyone have any driveability problems before it failed? I'm have a realy problem with it barely running / stalling after its been sitting for a while when i try to pull away very slowly from a parking space. Sometimes the transmission acts like its hunting at 42-44 mph under light load. Anybody know how much one of these EGR's costs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
TheSeer said:
I just threw a P0404 this weekend. Did anyone have any driveability problems before it failed? I'm have a realy problem with it barely running / stalling after its been sitting for a while when i try to pull away very slowly from a parking space. Sometimes the transmission acts like its hunting at 42-44 mph under light load. Anybody know how much one of these EGR's costs?

(Sometimes the transmission acts like its hunting at 42-44 mph under light load)
Mine did the same thing then threw the code p0404 I changed the egr problem gone .Tried to get part from dealer they said it was back ordered called 2 dealers then tried a bud in the business he got me the part at discount $40.00 dealer told me part was $52.00, Bud told me the dealers dont sell to retail on these because they are failing to often dealer needs to keep stock to rip off the peolple that have no idea 20 minute job to do.

PS truck has 56000 miles on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.