DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04' srt-4 and i cant seem to figure out why the damn check engine light is on, ive replaced ALL the sensors and that wasnt it, when i plug it into my computer, it says "fuel runs to rich" i dont know how to fix that, could it be that one of my injectors is bad? because when ever i put it into a higher gear it alwas waits a second, then goes, and when it does it kind of goes and pauses untill 2 grand then starts goin smooth? does ANYONE know anything about this that could help me????

:huh:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My 2.0 neon did this for a while when it was cold out in the morning. I could never figure out what it was. Two weeks ago one of my injectors stuck open, I replaced it and the problem hasnt been back since. I think the injector was sticking a little before it totally crapped out. this might be your problem too.

I dont know about SRT-4s, but i know pulling the fuel pump fuse in a regular neon will reset the PCM (turning off your CEL).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Andy said:
What is the actual code/s from the computer
If you are not familiar on how to do this ensure the car is off, then turn 3 times simultaneously to the on then off and then the code will pop up on the dash.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also my turbo spools and when i let off the gas, instead of the sock BOV sound it sounds like a supras super senquencial, people say my turbo is over serging and others say its a mopar waste gate, idk wut the hell to do lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
srt-7 said:
also my turbo spools and when i let off the gas, instead of the sock BOV sound it sounds like a supras super senquencial, people say my turbo is over serging and others say its a mopar waste gate, idk wut the hell to do lol
That is just your surge valve. Mine is very loud as well. Nothing to worry about. No your turbo is not over surging.

Did you find out what the code was? Post here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have a 1999 neon 2.0 dohc and im having same issue,if anyone has some ideas please let me know. thanks

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
You need to get the code as described above. Turn the key to the on position 3 times (not starting the car) and it'll pop up on the odometer

Or of course take it to a dealer

·
Registered
35 Posts
The botton line is "fuel system rich" (if thats your code) is set because the computer (pcm) has used o2 sensor info to lean out the fuel as much as possiable but still "sees" a rich condition. The source of the "extra" fuel needs to be found. Proper diagnostics are needed before you throw away more money on sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
codes?

I have been having my (cel) come on and off. It will come on during start up and then some times it will come on during statr up. I did the key turn and the code i got is P0171? ANY help would be nice thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
PO171-Fuel System 1/1 LEAN

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just posted a comment and i went for a drive and the (cel) went off and i drove for 15 mins and then i turned the car off and i started up and (cel) came on and now i have 2 codes i have P 0171 AND P0131!!! I love this car any help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.