DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the boards and i was wondering if anyong had expiriance the EVAP and could help me.

Says I have a small leak in my EVAP

Checked Gas Cap It was tight. What else can I check?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...you might want to test with a different cap (I know you said it was tight), I thought mine was tight too, went ahead an bought the mopar locking gas cap, reset the pcm, the light went away...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Idea, I think someone was jacking my gas about a month ago. A locking gas cap would be a good idea.

Will my computer reset itself or will I have to do it manually?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
You have to do it your self. I do it the old fashion way... I remove the Pos (+) cable from the battery, insert the key and go thru the start motion (this will discharge any lingering power in the system), re-attach the battery cable and call it good... the check engine lite should not appear.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
God forbid a gnat's fart worth of gas fumes might escape into the atmosphere. If the gas cap ain't it, there's a hose that goes from the gas tank to the canister next to the gas tank. It tends to dry out over time and can leak a teensy bit.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just started getting 00422 (I think that's what it was).. medium evap leak.. I'll try the gas cap too..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.