DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I Have A 2004 Dodge Neon Sxt With 45,000 Miles And My Check Engine Light Has Been On For Quite Some Time. I Have Taken It To The Dealer For An Oil Change And They Said There Is Nothing Wrong With The Engine Or Any Components. But They Said They Will Charge Me 80.00 Bucks Just To Hook Up My Car To The Diagosis Computer. I Took It To Autozone And They Said The Code Read It Was Some Type Of Emissions System Error Meaning The Gas Cap Could Be Just Loose. I Have Reset The Battery Numbeous Times But It Solves It Just For About 2 Or 3 Days And Then The Light Comes Back On. I Even Put The Original Gas Cap Back On To See If That Was The Problem But The Light Just Comes Back On After Resetting The Battery. And I Never Fill Up Gas When The Car Is Running. So I Don't Know What Could Be The Problem. All I Know Is That I Was Told It Had To Do Something With The Gas Cap Or The Emissions System. Any Help?

·
Registered
50 Posts
you should still be under warrentee shouldnt you? just take it back to the dealer and tell them to solve the problem,,shouldnt cost you a dime,,

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
It could be an 02 sensor or even an egr. Try the key trick. Turn it on/off/on/off/on. My 98 will flash codes when this is done. If the check engine light does not flash. Your car isnt like the older ones. Heck maybe even the catalitic converter could cause the code.But thats not likely on a car that new. Id have a look at the 02 sensors. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
2nd Gens dont have an EGR....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.