DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check Engine Light Codes

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  XDR 
#1 ·
Vehicle is a 2001 Dodge Durango 4.7L 4x4.

When you first erase the codes they come right back with, P0736 Reverse incorrect gear ratio, P0734 Incorrect 4th Gear Ratio and P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction. But after you start driving it adds P1794 Speed Sensor Ground Error, P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction and P0733 Incorrect 3rd Gear Ratio. As far as noticing anything while driving, as soon as you start off it shifts into second too quick and feels like there is lack of power at lower speeds due to tranny not downshifting. RPMs stay around 2k-3k at all times. I pulled the VSS from the tranny and ohm'ed it out, it came out to about 600, i read its supposed to be between 300-1200. Personally I think the P1794 Speed Sensor Ground Error is the main problem with the P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction and that is triggering the other codes. But I would like your suggestions on what to check next, how to do it and what you think about this issue. All help is greatly appreaciated. Thank you in advance.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
ok the one that is 13.99 is located where on the vehicle? on the transfer case? and is that one the one i need to replace not the more exspensive one? i would gladly got take back the 50 dollar one and get a 14, since they dont take returns on electrical parts once theyve been connected before.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
ok so the 13.99 one i do not have on my vehicle at all? i tried searching and i found 2 of the more exspensive ones on the transmission, same part numbers on both. i bought a new one and placed in where the back one was and reset codes and they came back, so i took the one i pulled out from the back and put it in the front and reset codes and they still came back. so if it was the sensors it would have to be both bad then. any more ideas or what to try next?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
does anyone know if there is a circuit breaker for this or where exactly the wires goto? and there is two wires that go to each of the sensors, one should be ground and the other power? or is it a continuous (sp) circuit that goes through the sensor? figure if one is ground and the other is power i can check for continuity between the ground wire and ground to see if its wiring or check for voltage on the other wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.