DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm doing it right... I hold in the trip odmeter, turn ignition on (forward), it runs all the tests, lights, gauges, etc... Then goes to the keys in the ignition beep. I get no trouble code.

I have about 5K on a new Jasper motor, but almost 81K on the truck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
What you did is just the gauge check feature. Do what the above to get codes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just pulled it... PO455. Maybe a loose gas cap? Will it go out or do I need to disc the negative battery cable? And a retarded question here, can I just use a socket or do I need rubber handled tools so I don't get shocked?

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
I've always just used a socket or box wrench. Just pull the neg first and then it won't hurt if you ground yourself to the body while pulling the positive off.

If you take off and put the cap back on, it should clear itself. I had the same thing this week and after I did that it cleared itself within a day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
you can swing by autozone to clear it too. what ever's easier

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Just taking off the negative will not reset it unless you leave it off for a long time. Frmove the cable and turn the key to ON for 20 seconds. It will clear it but if you solve the problem, the light will go out anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.