DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok swapped out the Tranny filters and fluid last week, also did spark plugs, and K&N air filter. Any way I got the filters at Autozone. I did not think anything of it. When I was putting on the filter I noticed that the O-ring that goes on the tranny was not very tight when I put the filter on(not the spin on). Any way I got it to hold a little better and then bolted it on to finish up. Well yesterday it fell off and the Durango was dead in the water. Not to mention the wife was driving and said it would move but only around 5K RPM's. The fluid is still red but it smells burnt. Pulled the pan and sure enough the filter fell out. Went to NAPA and bought another one. Talk about night and day difference. It was hard to put the o-ring on out of the box so I know it would be tighter on the tranny. Sure enough it went on much tighter than the autozone filter. It was only the pan filter and not the spin on which is all I needed anyway. Truck is running fine, no metal particles or anything. Now I just need to get me a PML and change the fluid again. Thank goodness I had just enough Amsoil left. Just a heads up on the cheap filters.

Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.