1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
i bought those. worth it imo. even if they sent me the wrong bolts. i wanted locking stainless upgrades anyways.

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dang spun, 31 views & you're the only one that replied :) You're ok in my book.

Any issues? Warping of the flanges? What about discoloration?

& where did you get your locking stainless hardware?

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Easy direct bolt-on installation, require NO modification.
I don't think i ever put on headers out of the box that didn't need some kind of help to make them fit right. I would imagine that you would get some discoloration near the flanges. The flanges look like they could be plated steel and not 304. At $100 you cant go wrong.

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moparite, you are right. I've put on a couple of sets in the past & they always needed gentle massaging with a hammer to make them right :rck:

The flanges were my biggest area of concern. Looks like i'll be adding cheapy headers to my sig.:cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I put em on my truck, the included gaskets are junk, the included hardware was junk also.

Still got a slight leak from somewhere that I can hear unless its just the sound resonating but doubt it have yet to be able to find it. Gotta have it fogged to find it.

Oh and the 5th bolt back on the driver side header is a huge hassle.

Besides that, I feel like I've lost low end but gained some middle.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Dang spun, 31 views & you're the only one that replied :) You're ok in my book.

Any issues? Warping of the flanges? What about discoloration?

& where did you get your locking stainless hardware?
discoloration is way better than ceramic coat falling off! ya they turn purple. solid stainless to my suprise since notings rusting after 3yrs. the flanges are near 3/8ths thick. no leaks or warping. i even reused my gaskets once. bought ARP locking hardware from summit. dont buy bolts shorter than 1 inch! 6 sided are the best

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great. Thanks for the reply's guys. I appreciate it.

nh5, whats the status with the 5th bolt back? Hard to get to or holes not lining up ot what.

I kinda figured the gaskets & hardware were junk. I'll have to budget a little extra for bolts & gaskets :)

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
i remember the fith bolt. had to put the fith through the header flange first, guide the header on and hang the unit with the fith first. the rest of the bolts can be fed through after the header is hung. the fith must go on first, no way to put the fith on after the header is on. eveything had to come off the first time i put it together. installed these twice. had to learn the hard way

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
you get them babies on yet! what are you waiting for?

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. Guess im gonna hold off. Im going to do the plenium plate & replace all the sensors that need replacing for now & call it good.

Me & the wife both work for the Gov. & they're talking about shutting our installation down for 3 weeks. We have been saving every penny just in case. If they do, im gonna be in deep hocky :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.