DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how much these bad Boys (Charger SRT-8 seats) are going for from the dealerships, and if they're compatible enough to fit in the 2005/2006 Magnum RT. I had a first hand look at the Charger RT interior at my local dealership, and it looks like the Charger shares the same interior components as the Magnum... Minus the hatchback section. Hopefully this will be the case with these seats. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Buying seats from the dealer has always been a big issue. They typically don't sell them as a whole assembly only pieces becasue it is very rare and infrequent that someone would buy a whole seat assembly nevermind both the driver and passenger side. Most likely your best bet will be ebay after these cars are out for a few months. People will be swapping in race seats and stuff. Or accidently stealing their own cars for insurance fraud and selling their seats online. Either way it will be cheaper than buying all the parts from the dealer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree those seats are sweet. Our cars easily take curves at some serious G's and I know my back side is slippin and a sliding all over. I had thought of getting the suede inserts to help hold me in place but, wife brought up a great point of "how does it wear?"

·
Registered
40 Posts
I took my Magnum to a local auto upholstery shop and got the side bolsters increased in size for $120. Before he recovered the seats I sat in them and got them fit to my body.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
speaking of magnum srt-8, i saw one 3 years ago!!! when it was done too!!! i have pictures, if anyone wants them i can get em! it was at a car parade in michign, i live in california but was visiting and mopar/dodge was there with many concepts (SRT-10 truck that had never been seen, and i think that challenger concept, it might have been called the charger but is definetly not todays charger)

G

·
Performance Seats

Also you can try the aftermarket. Companies like Cerullo (http://www.cerullo.com/index.html) have been around for a long time. They don't have a kit for Magnums yet, but they just released one for PT Cruisers. Maybe if there was some interest, they'd make brackets to mount in the Magnum. Their XR3 seat looks similar to the SRT-8 seats:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.