DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on changing my trans pan to a bigger one. i have the mag-hytec trans pan and somone told me that i need to use differant bolts to hold it in and not stock ones. said i need to retap the holes to make then bigger? true any imput would be great thanks.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
If you're careful, you shouldn't need new bolts. Some folks have snapped a few re-installing the pan. As long as you get the same size, you won't need to retap the tranny body. Remember, 105 in/lbs when you tighten them down. I did mine in two stages. 85 in/lbs in a criss-cross pattern, then snug 'em up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Mag-Hytec pan comes with stainless hex head screws. Those worked fine for me when I installed mine. Just go in the criss cross pattern and sung them up followed by final torque. Just make sure that you are careful when torquing them down, the trans case in just aluminum and those new SS bolts are much stronger than stock. If you voer tighten the new bolts you could damage the trans case, vs shearing off the bolts (which has been documented to happen with the stock bolts).

Nateroach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.