DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT attempt this while laying on top of the engine! Just remove the wheel liner, the tire and do it frominside the wheel well! It is a ton easier and faster plus there should be no bleeding kunckles and no reason to go to confession afterwards if your are of that persausion. :rck:

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
PICS!!! We need PICS of your KNUCKLES!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO...

Good tip man, thanks for sharing....

Oh... and How many "Hail Marys" did you have to do?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
none cause i had no busted knucks and i aint catholic lol :rck:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I assume that would be true for changing the valve covers also

BTW I would not need to go to confession or otherwise since when I attained the age of 21 I swore off all that type of language and have been true to my vow for 49 years so far :D

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So since i see you are married did you swear off lieing too? :thatfunny

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
chipraider77 said:
So since i see you are married did you swear off lieing too? :thatfunny
I am only human not perfect :D

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
mark..i take it you removed the wheels too and went in thru the wheel wells?..

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes! Just put the front end up on jack stands and remove both wheels/ liners before you start. That little bit of time will save u a ton of time/cussin when u start cranking on the plugs. Its really not a bad job that way. Of course you will have to find another reason to finish off that case of bud! :rck: :thatfunny

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
chipraider77 said:
Yes! Just put the front end up on jack stands and remove both wheels/ liners before you start. That little bit of time will save u a ton of time/cussin when u start cranking on the plugs. Its really not a bad job that way. Of course you will have to find another reason to finish off that case of bud! :rck: :thatfunny
ahhh mannn, i'm on some serious doctor drugs. i was looking to do my plugs this weekened, and now you had to go and mention the brews that i cant have!!! :WHA: now you really pissed me off!!! well, guess i'm gunna have to overdose on the prescips to get a buzz. :SHK:

·
Sport'in
838 Posts
chipraider77 said:
DO NOT attempt this while laying on top of the engine! Just remove the wheel liner, the tire and do it frominside the wheel well! It is a ton easier and faster plus there should be no bleeding kunckles and no reason to go to confession afterwards if your are of that persausion. :rck:
It is a good thought, but by the time you jack the truck up, put it on stands, remove the tire, and remove the liner. You could already have half the plugs on the drivers side already pulled out. The only thing you are really saving is some busted knuckles. A real man doesn't care if he has busted knuckles while working on his truck.

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
EddieHemi said:
It is a good thought, but by the time you jack the truck up, put it on stands, remove the tire, and remove the liner. You could already have half the plugs on the drivers side already pulled out. The only thing you are really saving is some busted knuckles. A real man doesn't care if he has busted knuckles while working on his truck.
Being a real man does mean you need to have busted knucles. Chipraider has just given us all an easier way to do a particular hard job. We should all welcome that,i know i do, and i'm sure alot of other dt'ers like me who do their own truck maintance. I spent 20 years as correction officer in the toughest prison in rikers island. I babysitted some of the meanest and notorious jackoffs that walk the streets. I was locked in a dormatory surrounded by 100 inmates at any given moment. Up until my 10th year, i never got into any fights or anything because i knew how to use my brain instead of brawn. Then came the riot of 88, and thats when i got my ass whoooped, but not before i sent 5 mates to the hospital(clubs are alot of fun when you get the ok by a super). My point is, i would rather try to make things easier on myself without alot of physical problems. Not trying to argue or anything, just saying chipraider has a great idea. Thanks for the tip bro.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Yeah i figured it out when i installed my CAI, I dropped the wheelwell liner that took me all of 5 seconds, looked in and all the plugs where staring me right in the face...pretty easy doing it that way!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I have powder coated valve covers waiting for install
At 70 laying accross the engine ain't what my back likes these days

Probably cost me $140 or more at a garage @$70/hr

My Bro has the jacks and stands

Maybe I'll pay him a visit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.