DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - looking to change the sparkplugs on a 2003 QC, 4.7, automatic transmission. Was wondering if any of you had any tips on the easiest wway to get at them - from the top, through the wheel well, underneath?

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow! you are in the wrong spot, but go over the top #'s 4 and 8 are a pain being under the cowl.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know - I didn't see anywhere to actually delete my own post and it didn't look like I could move it.

I found where they were - I had not looked yet and have only had the truck a couple of weeks. I didn't realize they come out vertically, up. Much easier than down by the exhaust manifold!

·
Lovin that CTD!!!!!
345 Posts
They actually are really easy except for #4and #8. I think a 10mm socket and some di-electric grease is all you need. Also make sure you use compressed air in the hole before you remove the plug. Compressed air prevents dirt and crap from goin into the cylinder when you remove the spark plug.

·
Are we going down?
787 Posts
what was said above is correct. 10mm socket and some compressed air. because those plugs are deep in the block. Oh yah you'll need at least a 6 inch extension for your socket wrench.
Easy job just take you time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.