DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the owners manual with me. This is my first oil change, and I need to know how many quarts I need to buy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
7 quarts

·
Registered
281 Posts
not a problem...I have an 06 Night Runner edition with the HEMI, so it was an easy answer!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I always buy 7 but I use about 6 1/4 quarts of it. I remove the filter and oil pan drain plug and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Put the plug back in, put some oil in the filter, reinstall it. I usually put about 6 quarts and then check the oil dip stick. Putting all 7 would make the oil level too high. Just my experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now another question. Our driveway is a pretty steep incline. Do you think I'll be able to get all of the oil drained? I can pull it into the garage, but I'd have to move a lot of junk around (we just moved in, garage is temporary storage).

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Definately do it on a level surface!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Drain Plug Is In The Rear Of The Pan So Why Would You Want To Change Oil On Level Ground. Wouldn't You Want To Have It Solpe To The Rear Like When On Ramps So All The Old Oil Runs To The Back Of The Pan Where The Drain Is?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm sure your new neighbors will enjoy seeing you change your oil in the street in front of your house!!! :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
A incline, just like on ramps is not going to matter that much, especially when the drain plug is at the rear of the pan. Though a flat level surface would be the best proceedure. Your owner's manual shoud call for 7 quarts of oil with a filter. 7 quarts should put it right on the full line, if over, it should only be very slight and this would most likely be due to some being left in before it all drained out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.