DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just picked up a 2005 SXT. One overhead reading console light is out. Anybody see an easy way to get it out without busting up the plastic? It can't be rocket science, but she'll kill me if I scratch it up or bust something.

Also, the 3rd brake light isn't working. Any clues how to get to it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Best bet is to check the manual, there's a section on this stuff. My guess is that the console itself will come down and you get at the bulbs from the back. Not sure how it comes down but that's what I'd guess.
As for the 3rd brake light, I thought it was LED so if it's not working then my guess is that it's a wiring problem. You'll probably have to remove the spoiler to get at the unit, but I don't think there's a bulb you can replace so either the wiring is bad or the LED assembly is.
That one I'd take back to the dealer if you still have a warranty on the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3rd light is, indeed, LED. I was hoping someone had already had to get to their's and would know the wiring route. It's got to be a loose plug somewhere, I just don't want to have to tear the whole back end off to find there's a small cover that could have been removed.

Same thing with the reading lights. You'd think you could just pop off the lens rather than tear the ceiling apart.

It's still under warranty, but you know what it's like to get that done. Drop it off in the a.m. and it sits until 5:30 p.m. then some guy who wants to go home at 6 does a "hurry up" job on it and you get the car back with stuff hanging where it shouldn't and hand prints all over everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.