DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a tutorial for changing the color(s) of vehicles in the free program Pheonix, created by Aviary.
Link to Aviary's website
(pictures are for general reference for locations of tools,menus, etc.)

1) Go to Aviary's site, and open Phoenix Image Editor

2) Select 'Start From Scratch' and select a small size for the canvas

3) Now, under the file menu, select 'Import File'

4) Browse your hard drive for the file you want, and click 'Upload File'

5) Once the file loads, select 'Resize Canvas' that way the picture is as big as possible, and easier to modify

6) Now, select the 'Free form Selection' tool, and in the popout menu, choose the 'Polygonal Selection' tool (the one on the right
---if the menu is in your way, click the button at the left that opens it, and this time it will close it while still keeping your tool available!

7) Next, zoom in fairly close so you don't accidentally close the selection from the selection shape being too small.

8) Now, you get to select what you want to change
--- every place you click will be another point/ corner in the selection

9) if there is multiple parts that are separate, hold 'shift' and select the new area.
---if you make a selection, and something that you don't want is in it hold 'alt' and select what you wish to be removed
----whenever you get close to the end of what you are selecting, you will notice a small circle appears at the bottom of the cursor, selecting anywhere will cause the selection to automatically complete itself, and make a straight line to the first point you created

10) Next, the fun part: colors! under the 'Image' tab, select 'Hue and Saturation'

11) Now, just play with the sliders to get the desired color
---hue: changes color
---saturation: positive adds to the amount of color, neg. will make it grey
---brightness: do i really need to explain this one?

now you have enough to start entering our 2-D and 3-D chop challenges!
Best of luck,
Rock A Bull

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think itll be fine, if someone cant hover over a tool to find out what it is, then honestly i really dont care but if they need extra help they can PM me, because I do know how complicated these programs seem at first

·
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11,190 Posts
i think itll be fine, if someone cant hover over a tool to find out what it is, then honestly i really dont care but if they need extra help they can PM me, because I do know how complicated these programs seem at first
I'm going to try it out! Thanks rockabull! :D

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so post up your results here KC and tell me if you have any issues with my instructions

btw, if you want to make a vehicle flat black, under the image tab, use desaturate, then adjust the brightness

·
11,190 Posts
so post up your results here KC and tell me if you have any issues with my instructions

btw, if you want to make a vehicle flat black, under the image tab, use desaturate, then adjust the brightness
Trying to work on it more it's just getting busy at work. Lots of pump layouts to do and piping drawings. Business is picking up. :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
thanks for posting

·
11,190 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.