DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im changing the ball joints on my 2007 dodge power wagon, as well as adding a leveling kit.
The question i have is what other things in the area are good to replace while im in there? Currently im out of town and dont have access to the truck, and was hopeing to order the parts before i go home so there ready.
The truck has 180,xxx kilometers on it. for the most part i think everything should be in decent shape. I took the truck into dodge about 6 months ago because there was a knocking in the front end some where, you could feel it through the steering wheel pretty good, they said they put the heavy duty front end in $1400. Drove the truck and it still had this knock, went back in there and told them, they figured it was the linkage in the steering, i did not get them to replace it seeing as they could'nt fix it the first time.
Apon doing a wheel rotation i decided to take a gander at what was really going on down there to notice the upper ball joint has quite a bit of play, with almost the exact feeling and sound of the one coming through the steering wheel.
So i have decided to do this myself and not have the though of some retards changing shit that may not need to be changed.

My other question is, im looking at ball joints and there seems to be alot of choices out there. ive been looking at the ebay specials the xrf's (at $243) and some McQuay_Norris extreme duty ball joints (at $299), as well as the raybestos professional grade (at $279) all offering lifetime warrenty or close to it. the raybestos and mcquay are greasable. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Yes, MOOG does make the HD greaseable balljoints for our trucks. Lifetime warrenty is great, if you can do the work yourself & don't mind doing it every couple of years. It was $550 just for labor. I have the greaseable MOOG tierod ends x4 & the Carli Xtreme duty upper & lower balljoints. So far I love them. You should post your things in the 3rd Gen Power Wagon forum. LOTS of good knowledgeable owners in there.
While your front end is apart, I would also do this mod: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3819603#post3819603

I would also replace your front axle u-joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.