DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound odd, but what's the best way to get to the turn signal bulb on a 2005 Dodge 2500 Ram?

The front drivers side bulb is dead, and I've looked at it from underneath, above, etc, and can't seem to be able to reach it without removing half the damn engine compartment.

Should I remove the entire headlamp assembly from the front and then disassemble that???

If anyone's ever done this before, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

anthony

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bulb question

So I remove the entire assembly from the front with the 3 screws, and then it can be dissasembled?
Or, will that just allow me to reach the bulb from the back?

thanks again,

anthony

·
Village Idiot
114 Posts
There are 2 screws/hexhead bolts-one over the other (lower one also holds the temp sensor for the overhead display) as well as a plastic screw retaining a rubber flap just under the hood, then a screw/hexhead bolt under the turn signal/marker light. Once these are removed, pull the light forward-pushing down slightly on the bumper as the light assy has a "tang" on the bottom that catches the bumper. 1/4" drive set is the best option to use.

·
Birdy269
45 Posts
just a little word of advice, when you are taking out the bolt that holds the sensor make sure you place a rag over your bumper to make sure not to scrach it.

·
Village Idiot
114 Posts
Birdy269 said:
just a little word of advice, when you are taking out the bolt that holds the sensor make sure you place a rag over your bumper to make sure not to scrach it.
I gotta ask what happens if it gets scratched? I have been quite careless with mine.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.