DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided it was time for a little bigger tires so Heres some pics of the new 315/75/15 MT Baja Claws mounted on Ultra series 164 16x8 rims. Also installed some graphics on the hood this weekend just for a little added spice. Let me know what you think.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
That is a sweet ride. Those graphics on the hood are real nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe shes seen the mud pit once so far. It was couple months ago. I think it will be a while before she goes back into one. Im still cleaning mud from under it LOL

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
That disappoints me, I don't understand why people get mudding tires, brush guard, baja lights, lift kit... and don't use them. Kinda defeats the purpose, to each his own though.

-Pat-

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Very nice- where did you get the prerunner from?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the prerunner bar from truckin.com

And yes i know I dont use it like its built for but hey what ya gonna do. I built the truck the way I wanted it to be. I used it for hauling, towing and hunting.

·
The Danger Dodge
339 Posts
That disappoints me, I don't understand why people get mudding tires, brush guard, baja lights, lift kit... and don't use them. Kinda defeats the purpose, to each his own though.
I'd have mine look like that just for the looks..I dont feel like messing up my truck going mud bogging. I dont have money for repairs!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice looking truck. I love the way those tires look - I think I have decided on what tires I want now. That is an awesome hood - Where did you get it and how $$?

You can build a mean truck and not have to go out and trash it - it's nice to build it to look mean and have the knowlegde that it is there if you need it. That mud will tear them up faster than anything. I speak from 17 years of playing in the mud. A smart man has his play toy for the mud and his nice ride for the road (though the nice ride needs to be mud capable as well ) lol
Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments and the understanding of why I dont wheel my truck hard.

harley72
I got the hood from www.customclassic.com in Texas. With shipping it was only about $500. It is a reflexxion steel cowl hood with viper styling.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Truck looks awesome. What size lift? I have a 3"BL and 2" front spacers. With 33 A/Ts the tires look a little small on mine.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
maxxram said:
Thanks for the compliments and the understanding of why I dont wheel my truck hard.

harley72
I got the hood from www.customclassic.com in Texas. With shipping it was only about $500. It is a reflexxion steel cowl hood with viper styling.
wow that seems like a great price for such a sick hood. Truck looks sweet though I don't like the graphics personally, still looks great though

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
danno1,

I also have the same as you. I have the 3" pa body lift with 2" front spacers.
My ram is also the offroad edition wich gives me maybe another inch.
I will also be installing 2" add-a-leafs in the next day or so.

seth399,

They were the cheapest place I found for that hood. I was very pleased with their service.

·
AJ Gtz
302 Posts
maxxram said:

harley72
hey, that hood is functional right?...i'm planning on putting Ram Air on mine sometime this summer and will be needing a hood...that one is very nice!

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
I have no problem with you not wheeling your Ram, but it doesn't click in my head, everything on your truck is titled "off-road" not "on-road". But anyways, I beat mine to death but I can afford to repair her, and she is my second ride, just a toy. If she dies, I'll just buy another (or another motor... =D).

Also, we do a lot of trail riding, 2 - 3 mph max, I don't ever break anything, I just get muddy. And it is always a good time, if you know how to drive in the mud, you break much. I usually just don't worry about it.

-Pat-

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Since I can't edit my post, it takes me to the home page .... ??? "You don't break much. is what I meant to say at the end of the line.

-Pat-

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NTXCrazyOne said:
hey, that hood is functional right?...i'm planning on putting Ram Air on mine sometime this summer and will be needing a hood...that one is very nice!

It can be made functional by removing the plastic insert in the front opening. However the is not fully functional in the fact that thier isnt an air box or anything that comes with the hood

NightRider,

No problem no offense was takin by it. This is my daily driver. If a had another vehicle and had the money for repairs heck ya id be out there gettin her dirty. LOL

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
NightRider said:

-Pat-
Pat, there's a lot more to driving off-road than driving in the mud.

I realize some people don't understand that, and I didn't either when I was young. Even just a few years ago when I had my '99 2500 4x4, I loved mudding.

But my '02 4x4 Ram has never seen mud, and if I can help it, she never will. I drive off-road (sand, dry trails, etc) all the time though. I just no longer have the patience for digging mud out from under my truck, or having my whole driveway and the street in front of my house covered with mud from the truck all the time. These days it's my own house, and my own financed truck which I plan on keeping a long time. The fun no longer outweighs the risks and hassles. So I can certainly sympathize with maxxram on this.

By the way, maxxram, your truck looks great! I really like that custom hood. :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
sweet looking truck bro love the graphics on the hood

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.