DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Plugs and pump

Auto Zone website has a good picture and text of these operations. I did the rear plugs on my '96 Caravan with 3.3 and I have the scars to prove it. I had to remove the TUB under the windshield to gain access, and if your cars water pump is on firewall side versus radiator side I would go to the Auto Zone site, if not, then it is a relatively simple operation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It is difficult. The wiper crawl removal is the top approach. The many extensions from bellow is another. With the top approach the alternator frame is a pain, with the bottom one the cat converter is in the way. I tried the top version but my hands are big, so took it to pepboys. The costumer service guy laughed when I said the front 3 are done, you guys do the rear ones. I stood and watched to be sure they changed it. They did and when they came back they took all their laughs back!! Was worth the $100 in labor.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Removing the wiper tub is actually pretty easy. It's just a bunch on nuts and bolts. First time took me 45 mins. AFter that I can do it in about 10. Once the wiper tub is off, replacing the rear plugs is a breeze. You have plenty of room to work. No busted knuckles. No bleeding. No cursing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Removing the wiper tub is actually pretty easy. It's just a bunch on nuts and bolts. First time took me 45 mins. AFter that I can do it in about 10. Once the wiper tub is off, replacing the rear plugs is a breeze. You have plenty of room to work. No busted knuckles. No bleeding. No cursing.
Are you sure this is a '96-00 with a 3.3 engine we are talking about. I know the newer models have more room, but mine was pretty tight, unless you take the intake out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.