1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks RAM MAN for the video copy and paste of that section of film.

They did say they worked on 2 concepts and the other one was picked first before their own got picked as their own was deemed too retro when first gone over by management.

Maybe this is the 1st one originally picked.

Notice on the picture i posted above,the orange challenger model has the charger cross hair grill,and basic form of the current charger grill shell shape.

I think both concepts originally used charger pieces to form an idea with and those cues were eventually tuned out by the end production.

I love lookin inside at the original ideas like this as to what they were thinking before the challenger we see today...the artists vision before cleanup of those parts.

Attachments

· Registered
10,350 Posts
I wonder if Dodge Axed the frt grill area on the concept since it would be the only Dodge in the lineup without the well known crosshair grill work?? I wished the RAM emblem myself would only be placed on trucks myself also,and dont need to be on a Neon,Charger,or much less the new Challenger.

· Ultimate Design
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wished the RAM emblem myself would only be placed on trucks myself also,and dont need to be on a Neon,Charger,or much less the new Challenger.
http://www.allpar.com/history/logos.html

What we now know as the Dodge Ram first appeared as a hood ornament in the early 1930s on both cars and trucks, appearing in stylized form on cars as late as 1954 and trucks a few years after that. Probably the best remembered ram ornaments was seen on the 1951-1952 passenger cars. This one had separate horns, and was a popular aftermarket accessory for Dodge trucks well into the late 1960s.

I think Slammed1 that they wanted an instant recognizable emblem throughout the brands while under DBAG ownership and fell back on what i state above... other than the Pentastar on the glass or parts stamp.

I agree with what your saying as the Rams head today is associated with the pickup in peoples minds more than it was back 30s to 60s.

· Big Black Power Wagon
565 Posts
There are now some new pics in the Challenger portion of the dodge website that are supposed to be from the production vehicle. If I am not mistaken they show a grill without a crosshair. Can someone mold these new design cues onto the concept to give us an Idea of what it might look like. I think its the first four or five pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.