DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Center console sub box

I am entertaining the idea of replacing my center console seat and storage compartment with a sub box. I want to retain the stock appearance with the factory armrest. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and how did it turn out? My truck is a 2005 quad cab witht he "premium" cloth seats.

I am thinking of using a single Kicker L-7 sub, probably 12", along with a class D monoblock Memphis amp I have leftover from the subs in the Dakota I traded in.

I am thinking of making the sub fire down at the floor. Anybody have experience with this? I'm not sure how it would sound.

· Registered
168 Posts
I was in the same situation. I ended up buying a sub box that fits perfect on the floor behind the driver seat and under the folding metal platform. I keep the back seat up with the metal platform down anyways, so it worked perfect. I love the underseat storage area so I bought the consolevault.com lockable box for the underseat storage bin. My amps are mounded on the back wall behind the rear seat. Nice and clean.

· Registered
3,207 Posts
check out Hot-Box on ebay, I have one and it's great. Here's the item #- 5787404754. He makes it to fit either a 10" or 12". Look in my gallery for pics of it.

· Soundstream Aficionado
28 Posts
YellowBee

Is the ebay box just a plain rectangular box with bolts commig out of the bottom? Is the bottom of the box sloped in anyway since the back mounting brackets are higher than the front? Trying to fig how he kept the box level when the stock mounting brackets are at different heights?

Any measurements?

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Yes pretty much, it is just a rectangular box with bolts sticking out of the bottom, the box itself and the armrest sit perfectly level. This is an excellent quality box and there are quite a few members here that have them, and I've never heard a bad comment about the box. I had been planning on getting mine for a long time and it's exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

disclaimer: The above statement is 100% actual opinion and the poster has been in no way paid or compensated for his opinion. :thatfunny

Attachments

· Registered
557 Posts
I'll second that opinion on the Center Seat box from the guy on ebay... he is actually a very nice person & quick to respond to emails... even for custom posibilities...

Very nice box indeed... I had a Diamond D6 12" in it.

Here is mine after I had it upholstered to match the interior better & added seat cushion.

· Registered
279 Posts
I have the same box as well from ebay, great person to work with.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.