DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting rid of my old deck (aftermarket which was there when I bought the truck) and replacing it with a new one. 2 questions:

1. How do I get the old cd player out? I have an 05 Daytona 1500 and I'm not sure if I have to remove part of the dash or just the silver faceplate over the front of the dash. And how do I do it?

2. The new deck I bought it 1.5 DIN, will it just bolt right into the existing hole without having to purchase an install kit?

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
if i remember right you have a screw where the bag hook is and you have to take the whole center section out around the radio and the heater controls i am not sure if there are any more screws on the suround

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
and pry gently ever so genetly

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
i cant answer the 2nd question, but i can the 1st, in the bag hook, there is a screw, remove it, open the ashtray and cup holder, grab the bottom of the bezel and give it a good yank, then disconnect any electrical connectors, then its 4 screws holding in the radio.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
For 1.5 DIN you'll have to do some custom fabrication on the radio area. Fiberglass will almost undoubtedly be involved to get a good look.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
It will probably be too small, so some cutting will be involved. Do some searches for double din installs to get an idea. It probably wont be quite as involved as that, but you can get an idea. That's if you want it to look good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there kits that I can buy to make it fit? I know there are 1 DIN kits (I already have the faceplate) but are there 1.5's? Im not inept to make anything custom.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I can't give you a hard yes or no. It might fit in the dash's hole without an install kit, but the mounting will require some straightforward drilling, and you'll have to fill in the sides with something. Maybe you can buy a single din install kil and cut it to fit. It would be a good base you can work off of, but you'll probably have to at least paint it to look finished. You'd have to break out the ruler and do some measuring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That Jensen deck is a regular single din size.

All you need to install a single din deck in the 1.5 din opening is a regular dash kit. Which by the sounds of things you already have since you said there is an aftermarket deck installed.

Many of the aftermarket head units come with a locking mechanism that is engaged once you slide it back into the mounting sleeve. The most common thing is sliding in a very thin piece of metal in the sides of the deck, but there are some differences.

Find a PDF manual for the aftermarket deck that you want to replace or post the model number.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Not trying to hurt anyones feelings but the last thing I would put in my truck is a Jensen.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the deck brand new for $50. Couldnt argue with that price. I'll let you guys know how the install goes. It'll be a couple days before I can do it because I'm in the middle of shit storm with 4 midterms this week.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
looks good nice job

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.