DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am upgrading the factory single disc head unit to an RB1 nav and will be adding a OEM 10 CD changer. Where is it located in a factory install on an 04 QC? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
684 Posts
BradTAL said:
Am upgrading the factory single disc head unit to an RB1 nav and will be adding a OEM 10 CD changer. Where is it located in a factory install on an 04 QC? Thanks in advance.
I mounted mine under the back seat. I'll take some pics. You will have to cut some of the back wall insulation out so the changer will set back a little so the seat will sit flat, but it works just fine!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brbrem - thanks, I look foward to the pics.
Did you mount it to the floor or to the bottom of the seat?

·
Registered
684 Posts
BradTAL said:
brbrem - thanks, I look foward to the pics.
Did you mount it to the floor or to the bottom of the seat?
do you have the fold flat floor? I put mine under the seat behind the drivers seat. Lift it up and take a look. I will get pics asap! If ya need help with the wiring let me know. Dodge does not make a cable that long to reach the back seat. Well........I say that but I have the Sirius radio and CD changer. I had to use the multiplex box to make it all work. I have the part numbers if ya need them. Oh mounted on the floor under the seat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brbrem: the back seat is the single flip up bench with the storage wells. No fold flat floor. Am also considering the Sirius add on, so the wiring for that possibility is of interest.

slammed1: the front seat is the solid center section. Wish I had that extra compartment.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here are the pictures. Yes. The center storage compartment will work but it is a little cramped. I did this on a 05 CTD.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
BradTAL said:
brbrem: the back seat is the single flip up bench with the storage wells. No fold flat floor. Am also considering the Sirius add on, so the wiring for that possibility is of interest.

slammed1: the front seat is the solid center section. Wish I had that extra compartment.
In order for the factory Sirius sat to work you will have to use the MUX box PN#5066202AC. It will cost about $25.00. Remember to purchase the cables from the MUX to the Sirius and CD changer. If ya need the part numbers let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brbrem - thanks for the photos, they're a big help.

Installed the RB1 yesterday afternoon and really like it so far with exception of needing the CD changer.

Final question - does the standard CD changer/wire provide song and artist info to the HU? I know there is a song/artist wire available but am not sure if that only effects the Sirius data.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
684 Posts
BradTAL said:
brbrem - thanks for the photos, they're a big help.

Installed the RB1 yesterday afternoon and really like it so far with exception of needing the CD changer.

Final question - does the standard CD changer/wire provide song and artist info to the HU? I know there is a song/artist wire available but am not sure if that only effects the Sirius data.

Thanks again.
Short answer...... no. The cd player does not show info other than disk, track and time. You will need the song artist cable for the Sirius radio though for it display all of the information. If ya need part numbers, let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.