DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Draagyn
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the muffler in attempt to make the truck sound MEAN:rck: and if that isn’t loud enough, remove the catalytic converter and replace with a cat delete pipe. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to like the sound....and suggestions?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
A coffee can muffler would sound better. Or maybe a fart can. Cruise around the ghetto and see what they suggest. Don't forget to get a loud stereo so you can blast rap as you're cruising.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
just kidding, by the way

·
Registered
504 Posts
a straight pipe off the turbo on 5.9 will be loud. loooooooud!

·
Always Broke!
801 Posts
Take it all off. just straight pipe the sucker. Did that to my dads 04 and while accelerating you cant hear yourself think, but once you get up to speed, it actually isn't to bad.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Violation of Federal emissions laws to remove the Cat FYI.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Yes it sounds good!!!. Check the video below it's my truck 03 CTD 4x4 stock piping with no cat and muffler delete 5inch tip. I love the sound and will never go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_iQjMo7qs

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
If you have one to start with.... Some Rams don't have one

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts

·
Draagyn
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks alot guys! Looks like I'm going with no muffler and a cat delete pipe....im excited to get to work.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Thanks alot guys! Looks like I'm going with no muffler and a cat delete pipe....im excited to get to work.
You'll love it and yes it is loud so be ready for a huge change... I was totally shocked when my buddy started the truck up for me and I stood there shocked. :rck:

·
Always Broke!
801 Posts
You'll love it and yes it is loud so be ready for a huge change... I was totally shocked when my buddy started the truck up for me and I stood there shocked. :rck:
:truestory::stu:

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts

·
Always Broke!
801 Posts
haha i was just agreeing with you. and i saw that sign and thought it was funny!
Not meant as an insult in anyway.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
haha i was just agreeing with you. and i saw that sign and thought it was funny!
Not meant as an insult in anyway.
lmao ok i was kinda of confused but no biggy. ;)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I removed the muffler but left the CAT on my 04.5 and it was good. Would I have liked it without the CAT? Probably... but I didn't remove it because of thinking ahead down the road and didn't want to possibly run into any problems.

And if you don't have an intake... get one. And if you haven't removed the silencer ring then do that too.

I have a couple of vids in my Gallery of both the intake and exhaust.

The CTDs didn't come with CATs till the 600 in 04.5.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I removed the muffler but left the CAT on my 04.5 and it was good. Would I have liked it without the CAT? Probably... but I didn't remove it because of thinking ahead down the road and didn't want to possibly run into any problems.

And if you don't have an intake... get one. And if you haven't removed the silencer ring then do that too.

I have a couple of vids in my Gallery of both the intake and exhaust.

The CTDs didn't come with CATs till the 600 in 04.5.
The OP talked of removing his cat that is why I replied as I did.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I know... he has either an 07 or and 08 and he of course talked about his CAT... but rather I was just throwing that bit of info out there.

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
My brother's friend has a '96 2500 diesel with a turbo back, muffler deleted 4" exhaust. I can seriously hear him from a mile away.

It sounds good, but it is pretty retarded how loud it is. I'd definitely do it... :thatfunny

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.