DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out my truck problem is likely a plugged up cat (that's what 3 diff people think after driving it). I had it put on like feb or march...so it didn't even last a year. Its a magnaflow brand.

Should i get another magnaflow or something diff? I got a direct fit magnaflow one that has the y pipe built in.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
If your cat is bad in that short of time,something in the engine is causing it to plug. (too rich?)

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i asked the guy what could have made it fail so fast & he said something about the fuel pump that i had to replace this past summer. I can't go into exact details cause i can't remember his 110% exact words...

I let him drive it for like 5 mins, he said the gears were shifting right, that the TQ converter was acting right & he don't think my tranny is bad. He said my best first option would be to take it to an exhaust shop & they should be able to do a pressure test. That it should be 1 1/2 pounds of pressure at 3000rpms.

So i'm taking it tomorrow to hopefully get that done & get an opinion for my exhaust guy as well. Im wondering since I got the Magnaflow y-pipe & cat assembly.....if i'm gonna have to replace both or if he can just cut off the cat & replace it with a new converter. Also need to see what size he recommends.

·
Registered
172 Posts
gutted cat worked for me.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i know the cat wasn't the problem...replaced it today & it still has that problem...lol

Flushed a few 100s (after the cat, tax & install) down the drain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.