·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks like a real hack job to me, I wouldn't run it. Gains...possibly, but very little if any.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just have an electric or manual cutout installed and just close it during inspection time. If you put it before the cats, get some o2 sims, if after the cats, then you're done.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The new honeycomb cats are so free flowing, is there any benefit to bypassing them or removing them? I know the old pellet type were real exhaust stranglers but the new ones don't seem too bad.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I just yanked mine out of my TA and threw them in the trash where they belong. I plan to do the same with the truck in the future. I do love living in paradise. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I just yanked mine out of my TA and threw them in the trash where they belong. I plan to do the same with the truck in the future. I do love living in paradise. :D
Yea, I think I'm going to yank mine whenever I get headers. There was a link posted the other day with o2 sims for only 30 bucks a pop. I could get the headers and have the exhaust shop fab up a y-pipe for under $200, so I could have the whole deal done for under $700.

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
Actually I can see what the guy was trying to do.... The straight pipe is suposed to be on TOP.... and when mounted in the vehicle you would have to look close to see that it has been modded... It will look like a stock cat but it will be a straight pipe above it. So upone a QUICK visual inspection it could be easily missed, this mod also allows him to keep his sensor in place and it should still work without any codes... I would think at least because the majority of the exhaust will flow straight through the pipe while a small amount would go through the Cat.... and the sensors will read what ever is comming out of the cat... in theory that is.... It does for sure look like a hack job no doubt but the idea is not a bad one.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Shamrock said:
Yea, I think I'm going to yank mine whenever I get headers.
Same here.

And as for the mock cat. I've seen much better ones with solid staight pipes with the fake cat casing attached. This is a much better way to fake it in my opinion. Looks stock from any angle with total performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.