·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about this stuff?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking Jeff. The thread is about castrol so please leave the amsoil crap out of it. Castrol has always made quality oil and I'm sure their new line will live up to their reputation.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Castrol is already a high quailty German oil, I used to run it in my bonnevlle.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I have never used Castrol, but have always heard good things about it. Their website says that the Edge is better than Mobile1 extended performance and the purple stuff.

I would feel completely comfortable putting it in my engine. I use Amsoil just because I know it's good oil and I have a dealer close to my house. If I were to switch, I would consider this new Castrol Edge before that purple stuff.

Looks like they only have 5W-30 and 10W-30. I am a big fan of the 0W stuff myself, and many cars are using 20 weight oils now. If they bring out the 5W-20 and possibly 0W grades, I think they will give Mobile and Royal Purple a run for their money.

·
15,912 Posts
I tried the purple stuff for the first time because Advance Auto started selling it. I have to say....when I started the truck I had a really bad ticking sound that would go away after the truck was running for about 30 seconds. RP came out as fast as it went in. I had some Q still around the garage, no more ticking at all. You will never see me put RP in my engine again. ;)

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I tried the purple stuff for the first time because Advance Auto started selling it. I have to say....when I started the truck I had a really bad ticking sound that would go away after the truck was running for about 30 seconds. RP came out as fast as it went in. I had some Q still around the garage, no more ticking at all. You will never see me put RP in my engine again. ;)
I have never used it, but I would have a hard time pouring any purple liquids in my engine. There's something just not right about purple oil. :D

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
I use Castrol Syntec and will give Edge a whirl on my next oil change. My engine seems quieter with the Castrol Syntec as opposed to the Mobil 1 I was running. Like stated earlier Castrol is a qulaity product and you shouldn't have reservations about using it in your truck.

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=3&page=1

These are UOAs analysis on different motors and oils...find your oils and look at the findings.

These guys are Jihad fanatics about oil..all they do is tests on oil..everything oil 24/7..lol..

I went with German made Castrol 0-30 European formula...the only castrol i know of that has the made in germany seal on the back side of the bottle,it use to be colored green its now colored gold.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
I have never used it, but I would have a hard time pouring any purple liquids in my engine. There's something just not right about purple oil. :D
LMAO!!! its like when they came out with that green ketchup crap!!! I might give it a try on my next oil change. I'll try anything once

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.