DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
ride with the diesel coils is slightly stiffer then what the hemi's will feel like (i know b/c my buddy has the same truck w hemi coils), but its barely noticeable in my opinion (he agrees with me as well). Either set is a huge improvement over stock. and my buddy actually wishes he had put in the diesel coils b/c he plows as well, and there is a little too much sag in his front, and sometimes his 35's rub a little, where as i don't at all. Also with the plow his truck rides alot rougher compared to mine b/c of the extra weight. So my advice to anyone running a 2500 hemi should get diesel coils if they ever plan to run a plow, or add a heavy bumper/winch. so all in all, everyday driving hemi vs. diesel coils the difference is barely noticeable if at all, but the difference with added weight (plow or bumper) the difference is HUUUGE! and by the way, the hemi coils end up costing another $30 extra sometimes, and are harder to get b/c carli manufactures 1 set of hemi coils to every 3 set of diesel coils. I can get you some pictures end of next week at the earliest b/c I'm actually on vacation right now.

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
Kayter515,
What kind of truck do you drive?
The original poster drives a RCSB which weighs 200-500 lbs less than the other Cab/Bed configurations to start with. I may be wrong here but since his plow will be on the truck 2% of the time and he is only plowing his own driveway, I would think that he isn't going to be doing much driving around with his plow on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would definitely look at how much use the truck gets with the plow on. Even with the plow on the maximum the truck would squat would be 1.5" with the Hemi coils. The variable rate takes over almost right away on our coils so you wouldn't have to worry about the truck being unstable with the extra weight of the plow since you would be into the heavier rate already with the plow attached. Our Hemi coils start off a bit lighter than the stock spring rate but transition into a rate that is a bit heavier than the stock spring rate(probably close to that of the snow plow package). If the plow will be attached to the truck very seldom I would definitely go with the Hemi coil so that you could enjoy the better ride quality.

Mike Kim
Carli Suspension

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
Thanks Mike:teacher:

·
Registered
40 Posts
if he in fact is only going to put the plow on for that short of a time, i agree the hemi coils will be great.... i was more or less just letting him know that the diesel coils in hemi truck (i have a quad cab 2500) didnt seem to drive much different then the hemi coils from my experience

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.