DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 Caravan SXT and inside the van im hearing a noise coming from under the dash or inside the engine that sounds like an ocean and water swishing around.............Any ideas ??

Just had the water pump replaced because the mechanic said that was the cause of the noise and it is still there..............

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I do not wish to be uncharitable to your mechanic but i suspect he/she was guessing

Water pumps generally indicate that they are failing or have failed by:
leaking
squeaking or whining
ceasing to pump coolant which manifests itself in either overheating or sometimes by poor heater performance

Sorry about the rant but I get a little PO'd about what appears to be diagnosis by changing parts until the problem goes away

Does the sound appear ( probably not a good choice of syntax)when the engine is running but the vehicle stationary or does it only appear when the car is in motion

is the level of sound constant or does it vary with either engine speed, road speed or both

·
Registered Insane
200 Posts
The only time I hear that noise is when the coolant is low. Check it at the radiator when it's cool to make certain the overflow bottle is filling the radiator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Pump was leaking anti freeze si I guess thats a pretty good indication it was bad...........I would like to check the ac drain thing but dont know where it is...........We have to park on an incline everynight ,we have had problems with the a/c plugging up before but it was under warranty so Im not sure how to check it..............

·
Registered
7 Posts
the over flow is just a place to put antifreeze when it expands the motor shouldn't use antifreeze I would replace the radiator cap many people over look this little thing and it causes alot of problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a gurggling bubbling sound when i turned off engine after an around town/stop & go, or traffic like driving. My temp gauge never rose ever but my coolant overflow reservior would be super low everyweek or so. Our mechanic said they're were holes /corosion on the lower part of radiator. Changed the radiator and the bubbling water sound is gone. Maybe this is the same problem. I have a 96 caravan LE by the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.