DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What head unit are you guys using. Currently i dont have a stereo but out of my income tax return i will be buying one. so which one do you suggest and where can i buy it at. also does the stock speakers need to be replaced.

·
Hesburn
93 Posts
I have a Pioneer radio I love it. It has a built in equalizer so you can adjust the sound. No you do not need to replace your speakers. My radio cost me $250 from Circuit City with the wiring harness.

·
Registered
580 Posts
definately pioneer with radio and if you do change the stock speakers pioneer makes a real good speaker too

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
In dash Pioneer CD/DVD with 7" flip out scren stock speakers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pioneer is a good stereo for the radio and self contained power but I have always had good luck with Kenwood. As long as you stick to a name brand you can't really go wrong with the head unit. Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Panasonic, Sony and JVC. Just pick one that has the features you want and has the look you want.

I think the speakers and amp are the most important. I have Infinity Kappa 3 way 6.9i in mine...6 1/2 (225w) and 6x9 (330w) in the rear door I believe. I tested everything at a really cool store when I bought them where you could close the door and crank them up with your choice of amps and heads. NOTHING came close to the Kappas for crystal clear sound and crisp bass...NOTHING!!! You need a powerfull amp to push these and get the proper sound...100 RMS min. per channel.

I doubt you find them at Best Buy but I got my whole kit at Onlinecarstereo.com They have the best prices and fast shipping. They always have stuff on sale and great closeout deals.

Be carefull of the "high watt" off brand amps...they are never as advertised so go with a good name brand amp or one that you can read the customer reviews.

Good luck!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have a Pioneer deck that is Ipod and sat radio ready, and I fricken love it. I also have Alpine type S speakers, 6x9 in the doors, and 6.5 behind the seats in custom built boxes. I am still thinking of buying a 10" sub and amp just so I have some low end power!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ram Man that is sweeet!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Im also looking at getting a new head unit and I think I found the one I want, but I have a question how much of a difference is there between regular stations and HD

·
Registered
580 Posts
i have to agree with eesti on this basically any name brand head unit wont really sound bad i think its more which controls you find more comfortable ive had alot of stereos and i always personally found pioneer easiest to tune.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
am i one of the only ones left rockin the stock hu?:rck:

i really want a new one, but i have no need other than mine won't read burned cd's:tdwn:

·
Registered
580 Posts
that radio your lookin at is one model up from mine the only thing i will say is its hard to get used to i love the radio but getting used to navigating the controls with the volume button is alittle wierd but once you get used to it it isnt bad.

·
Registered
265 Posts
am i one of the only ones left rockin the stock hu?:rck:

i really want a new one, but i have no need other than mine won't read burned cd's:tdwn:
I am right there with you:rck:
I use one of thoses cassette adapters in the V10 truck to play my mp3 player in the truck.I no longer have to mess with cd's and tapes.I have a cheap $20 mp3 player and $5 bucks in the cassette adapter.plenty of songs to listen to.:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.