DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out what subs and amp i want to get.. but before i put more money into the interior, i want to get some protection! i dont have much of a clue about an alarm either.. the only thing i know is i want it to include keyless entry, and i do not want remote start.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
Anything DEI makes (python, viper, cobra) Prestige, or Code Alarm. Remember half of having a good alarm is having a good install!!!

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at the viper website.. and theres a place in chico called pacific audio (pete, is that where your dads was done at?) i dont know what half the features on them even mean lol

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
My Viper 791XV was $500. I got a hoodlock too. I like it, 'cause it has 2-way paging. The remote tells you if the alarm goes off, if you're in the store or something.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Good luck finding what you need.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eh.. its not as much as them starting it if they get in.. its more about not letting them in at all.. i dont like the idea of that thing at all.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
eh.. its not as much as them starting it if they get in.. its more about not letting them in at all.. i dont like the idea of that thing at all.
hey to each his own i am looking at it this way how many people realy pay attention to car alarms going off anymore? I know I barely glance at em because so many go off if a bird craps on them. and it dont take them long to rip out a stereo in our tucks either. so I am looking at saving the whole truck from dissapearing if you know whatI mean . I am still deciding what I want to do as far as security for my truck but I know I need to do something.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, figure where i live... there aint much in the ways of car theft.. but i like the idea of two way paging in case it does go off, i will know. i dont think it would be too hard to find a truck like mine if it were stolen either.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
well, figure where i live... there aint much in the ways of car theft.. but i like the idea of two way paging in case it does go off, i will know. i dont think it would be too hard to find a truck like mine if it were stolen either.
true the 2 way will help you and as far as them finding your rig they usually are pretty good about the dissapearing act too

Im not bashing you at all just putting my .02 in as you wanted by pposting .
some people take things the wrong way and I dont mean anything negative here

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
^where did your dad have his alarm installed?
He says he doesn't remember...but he will search through his receipts to find the company's name. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.