DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the proper form or not to post this... if it isn't I'm sure a mod. will move it...

I'm in the market for a car alarm since I only have Lojack right now. I am interested in a combo that has keyless entry and a remote start along with the alarm. I need the remote start becaues I go to school in the middle of the desert and during summer, temperatures easily reach 110 outside and probably higher in the truck. A nice blast of some AC would be nice before I jumped in it.

So far all I have found after a quick search is this: http://www.commandocaralarms.com/itemdetails.asp?ProductID=1185

The company seems "iffy" and I would much rather go with DEI since I have heard great things about them. Can somebody help me out with some links or testimonials of an alarm system that meets my needs. Thanks in advance!

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
I have the Viper 791XV. It's a good alarm, although i've already had to replace it once. The brain went faulty or something. I love the 2-way paging.

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
I have the Viper too, but i dont think the A/C will turn on until you turn the key, my old Dak Ext cab had a Viper and it did let the A/C come on or the heater so it would be cool/warm during the season change. Also the wiring is screwy with our dodges, and even the parking lights are supposed to turn on when you remote start it, but it will flicker on and off until the key is put it, so the installers didnt hook it up fearing that a fuse or the light would go after a while with it doing just that.... But as for the Viper its pretty sweet with the 2-way LCD Paging system... Try and get 2 remotes though, if you break or loose you original it will cost you 90 plus reprogram to do it.. Spend the extra 80-100 on the remote then and have them program it right then and there... trust me, if i do this again this is what i would do... Had my Viper for 2 year plus now, no probs...except for the remote, which was my own fault.... Also the Vipers come with a kill system so they cant start your vehicle without the key... Later...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Python 1600x Remote Starter Security System

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
OOOORRRRRR

Python 881 Security and Remote Start System

Attachments

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I have a Prestige 996a and have nothing but good things to say. Like everyone mentioned above the 2 way paging is a must. Anything DEI, Prestige, or Code alarm is going to be a good alarm. Just remember have a professional install it. An alarm is only as good as the install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.