DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i changed my exhaust, when WOT shifting from 1st to 2nd , i shoot out a load exhaust noise. WHAT THE HELL!!! :VHOT:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mine does that and I love it!

Loud and obnoxious!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Found the cause = Gibson Supertruck Exhaust. Get the one I have, it's very quiet. Your dodge dealer sells them. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I never really noticed it before, and then when i got my magnaflow, I started hearing it all the time. I dont' knwo if the magnaflow simply exaggereated the sound or if it was the cause.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think the sound you guys are describing has to do with the Torque Management. I have it & it is more noticeable with the louder mufflers.

Are your shifts at WOT soft & smooth? If they are that is definitely the Torque Management saving the trans & not allowing neck snapping shifts & not allowing all of the engine's torque to be applied to the driveline.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I hate torque management.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Mad Titan said:
I hate torque management.
2003 Model + Key Trick = No Torque Management

I don't like Torque Management. Frankly I don't like any kind of Management.

Managers suck.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
sgrizzle said:
Frankly I don't like any kind of Management.

Managers suck.
I, too, have and problem with someone else thinking that they can control me . . . :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Mad Titan said:
I, too, have and problem with someone else thinking that they can control me . . . :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:
Maybe joining the military wasn't the proper career path then....

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
ok on the key trick does it really disable the tq management??? and if so do you hacveto do it everytime you start the truck or just once?? thanks guys

·
Registered
251 Posts
sgrizzle said:
2003 Model + Key Trick = No Torque Management

I don't like Torque Management. Frankly I don't like any kind of Management.

Managers suck.
I have never heard that the "key trick" disables the TM. Please explain.

My Bassani at WOT "pops" at the shift. I think an X pipe may help this also. Anyone know where to get a name brand X pipe cheap? Not a mufflershop made one.

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
PHP:
Brian Dodge said:
I also would like to learn about this said key trick
I would also! I received my 4.56 gears yesterday and now I'm waiting on the Auburn Gear posi unit so I would like to know about anything that would make my truck shift better than it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.