DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a prom. after my 01 durango in the really cold for a couple days -0 i got home and could not move my shifter inside from park at all after letting it run about 15-20 mins. it moved like new what could this be? do i need to check the linkage or something never had this happened before :dunno:

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
no there isn't anything wrong with your linkage. Get back and the Durango and rock it back and forth a little. Get back in side and try to move the shift lever again. You might have to put a little behind it. When it does shift, you may he a clunk, don't worry. When you parked, it was probably on some sort of incline. You Durango settled against itself and the lever/gears are bound up slightly.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
or it's the shift interlock solenoid that's controlled by the brake pedal

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
ah, i dont have one of those, so i didnt even think about that. for some reason dodge didnt think they were important in 98. lol

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
My neighbor had a 97ish voyager, we went together to a computer store because she didn't have a clue about pc's and didn't want to get ripped off. I offered to go if she paid me $4200. Kidding. We come out of the store to discover her car 7 rows back from where we got out. It was stopped by a nice thick row of bushes. Her daughter decided to sit in the driver's seat and grabbed the shift lever to get herself into the front seat and off they went. My daughter was next to her in the pass seat, luckily no one was hurt. Of course the engine was left running, I asked her "how stupid can you be?", her response was she wanted to leave the radio on for them. DUH!

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
ah, i dont have one of those, so i didnt even think about that. for some reason dodge didnt think they were important in 98. lol
Or 1999, mine does not have one either. That is ok, I have always made it a rule to place my foot on the brake when I shift out of park. Kinda common sense.

·
Banned
14 Posts
no there isn't anything wrong with your linkage. Get back and the Durango and rock it back and forth a little. Get back in side and try to move the shift lever again. You might have to put a little behind it. When it does shift, you may he a clunk, don't worry. When you parked, it was probably on some sort of incline. You Durango settled against itself and the lever/gears are bound up slightly.

Might be wrong but there was another term for that...I believe it was called torque-locking the transmission.

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
There have been a few that this happened to there is a cog that gets out of place under column cover.
I will see if I can find the thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.