DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone steer me to or send me a link to an aftermarket mfg. of euro-style headlites for Dodge Ram,2500.
It's the "clear glass" style I'm looking for, they would be similar to any of the "euro" or clear lites available in abundance for the rear and side .
No one seems to make a "clear " lense headlite assembly. ?????? Thanks ...Mike
P.S. I already use zenon gas bulbs, thats not what I'm hunting, I want to replace the entire rectangular headlite and corner lite assembly with a euro style lite assembly.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
You are among the masses looking for the same thing. Unfortunately there is nobody who makes the clear lens for the 2nd grn Ram. If you go to the top of the page and under search type in clear headlights.. you will find many many discussions on this topic. Many in which I have personally posted info on replacing your stock lenses with the 2nd generation "sport" model lenses which DO, I repeat yes the sport model clear lenses DO fit and work on our non-sport Rams. All with the help of a wiring harness that costs about $55 if I remember correctly. All this info is in a previous post from not too long ago. I will try and track it down for you.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Here is a quote about this topic with a link for that harness

VABLKRAM said:
This should clear up all issues on this mod. I have installed the 99/01 sport headlights on my 95. And bought a wiring harrness which is all plug ang play to the stock setup.
go here for the harrness. www.suvlights.com
I`ve been running this setup for 2 years now with no problems.
With this setup all 4 lights will work on low and high beams, because the 9004 and the 9007 are duel filament bulbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reply to your 99-01 setup

Thanks for the quick reply.If I understand this right , you have put a set of 99-01 1500 sport lites in 2nd gen ram w/ this wiring harness you sent me a link on and they work fine? I have located a set of "Diamond" euro factory replacement headlite for a 99-01 at this link,which are beauty!!.(http://www.matrixracing.com/BI10637Details.htm) so could you give me your opinion as to if you think this will fly in my 98 ctd 2500 4x4. I'll forward this reply on to the other two members as well . (if I can figure out how to do that ). Thanks Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. You guys are always a great help. Another member has also replied with some usefull info and I have generated a longer response to his input that elaborates on the info you sent, you may wish to review his post here. Will follow up with the results of this venture as it happens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Some of our dedicated Dodge brothers have some info you and I can use,review their posts here. Thanks for responding....mike

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Damn brother- those are NICE LIGHTS!! Yup, that system will work for you! You should post pics when you are done as MANY people would love to see them!!

9004 to 9004/9007 Dodge Ram Super Heavy Duty Conversion Harness with 4 relays

(converting from a single 9004 factory bulb to the dual 9004 & 9007 bulb Sport Model headlights)

- $125 Plus $8 shipping and handling

This is the harness you want from that link I sent to you

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just wanted to check back up on this post. I am also looking for a lense upgrade and was wondering if you got them or not. 200 bucks sounds a bit pricey to me, might as well spend another hundres for some HIDs or something. Does that price include the harness and bulbs, or just lenses.
If its just the lenses, I think I'm just gunna make my own harness and buy from ds bulbs instead.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
Hey thanks guys, this is just what I've been looking for :rck: . Should have the new lights ordered in the am and I'll post pics as soon as they get here and I install!!!!! I'm even gonna try the silverstar turn signals that are blueish parking lamps that glow amber for the turn.... What the hell, it's only money :crazy: Chris

·
Automotive Pinstriper
56 Posts
so, how did it go?? I cna find the headlight housings for about $200 on ebay for the pair with side markers.... then another $50 for the 9007 bulbs.... then the harness...

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
I just got the set from Matrix Racing last night after fighting with the UPS guys. These are REALLY nice pieces. They come with the backer plates so installing is a 3 screw affair, and the side marker pops in and is held with one self tapper. The sets came with new screws, and the 9004 and 9007 bulbs installed. Packaging was incredible, my box looked like a Gorills played footbal with it and the parts were unharmed. I will post pics as soon as SUVLIGHTS.com sends my harness (by wed???). By the way, the guys at SUVLIGHTS said a 5 amp 12v diode installed between the low and high socket prongs will give both lights on HI. just make sure the diode is allowing flow in the right direction. You would need one for each lamp. I'll do pics of that too. Good Luck... Chris

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah I deffinatly wanna see some pics. I'm real curious how the beam looks compaired to stock. I think I'm gunna get the ones from Matrix too, well if you think its really worth it anyway. Let us know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.