DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
I am new to this whole form thing so bare with me.
I am not sure what to do for a new engine! convert my 5.2l(318) to a 5.9L(360) and stroke it and rebuild the trans and transfer to handle the power or look at doing a 5.7 hemi swap.
My truck i have fully rebuild except for the engine, trans and transfer.
My front axle is a 2500 ld dana 44 with 4:11 gears and rear end is 9.25 with matching 4:11
I have converted the truck to 4 wheel disc brake, 5" lift and level from Rough country, 3" body lift for my 35" trail diggers.
I am not looking for Hugh HP, I need torque and my truck is quad cab long box and she is heavy.

I use to own a 360 but the issue is you cant program the engine and trans like you can on a new Hemi computers
I am not looking to do rock crawling or mudding. BEEN there done that (in a jeep) too much $$$ in repairs
Ill be mostly trail ridding, light off road and will be towing a bit.
Just looking for a possible solution to my problem.

P.s this truck is a summer only truck, I live in north Ontario Canada and salt and junk on the road eats trucks fast.
Anyone willing to share the pro and cons with me?

Also i have to be careful as well ... where i live only has 84 and 87 octane anything higher is double or triple the cost.

·
Registered
34 Posts
engine choice

That small rear end and other matching components are a limiting factor. If you are willing to change those items then you can proceed. I have a 96 2500 that was a v10 and my son converted it to a Cummins. It runs great and better mileage. The v10 had 372,000 miles and still going. He wanted the Diesel.

·
Diego Serna
420 Posts
Regearing your axles is what I would look at doing first. With the 9.25 rear, 4.88's is the lowest you can go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts