DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting a quiter muffler (flow origial 40) with my high flow cat and getting cutouts so it can be loud a f*ck when i want it and be quite when i want it, its loud all the time with the extreme on and the highflow cat right now

or

should i get a set of shorties. i cant afford both right now lol

so should i get electric cutout or headers what would you guys do ??????:rck:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Depends on what you want out of it. if you just want sound then get a cut out. but if you want performance i would get some long tube headers on there. Put them on my truck and definetly gave it more pep, was quite impressed, plus changed the sound of my truck completely. I personally like flowmaster, its a little louder then magnaflow, but either is good, as for performance either one will be fine, you wont notice any difference between the two. If you decide flowmaster, you say you want it to be quiet, i would recommend a 50 series, 40 series are on the louder side.My truck has long tubes with a pipe off each and no cat and two bottle mufflers. Little more raspy then id like might put a 40 series on it. But dont let anyone talk you into something you dont like, its your truck and you have to drive it lol so do what you want and like.

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
If you're looking for quieter go with magnaflow, plus itll offer better performance than the flowmaster (nothing like looking in one end of the muffler and out the other).

·
The Man
365 Posts
The DynoMax Super Turbo is a nice quiet muffler with awesome muscle car like sound.

I have 3 factory catalytic converters though...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump would it be louder with header with the cutout open than the manafolds

·
Registered
551 Posts
probably ya. I ran my truck with just headers over to the exhaust shop. It was freaking loud, sounded like a monster truck, not a whole lot of back pressure though just like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.