DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, for the dumbest question posted in a long time. I bought these cool new headlamp bulbs for the 1500, followed the manual to the letter, and ... couldn't get to the bulb assembly.

According to the manual, it was as simple as removing three screws and three bolts (one of which is a real bi&@* to get to). I removed all of the above and the manual said to just pull the entire assembly free of the grill, then pull off the plastic casing and change the bulb. The assembly was loose, but nothing doing on the removal. I was concerned about breaking it so I tightened everything down, swallowed my pride and here I am.

Any suggestions?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
once you remove the blots (acording to the owners manual) there is a clip holding the light in you have to give it a really solid yank and it will come out. i was scared the first time i did it too. but it will come out. and wheni say give it a yank you really need to yank on it.

BTW welcome to DT hope you will stick arround and toss up some of your ideas w/ the rest of us.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
03ramit1 said:
once you remove the blots (acording to the owners manual) there is a clip holding the light in you have to give it a really solid yank and it will come out. i was scared the first time i did it too. but it will come out. and wheni say give it a yank you really need to yank on it.

BTW welcome to DT hope you will stick arround and toss up some of your ideas w/ the rest of us.
I agree with this!!! I just got done changing out my headlights…. And don’t feel like a tard for asking this question. When I did mine the first time It was like braking into an armor truck and having to yank the piss out of them makes you really think your going to screw stuff up…but that’s what you get to do!!!! Good luck to yeah!!! LOL Watch your knuckles when you yank them out. I lost a lot of blood!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You can do it that way, and yeah you have to give it a solid pull by the amber reflector to get the housing off. Don't be scared. Now if you want to do it the way I do (I can't get to the bottom rear bolt with my bumper). You can reach it from behind eisily on the pass side. On the driver side all you have to do is remove a bolt holding the fuse box down, a plastic screw, then slide the fuse box toward the center of the truck and move it. Then just reach in and remove the twist lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all of you for the advice. I thought, "How hard could this be?" and ended up cussing like a Merchant Marine. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how it turns out. Much appreciated.

J.C.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
this is a little off topic but happy hour ill be moving back to AZ (looking at tucson) in mid feb we need to have another GTG once i get back. im thinking firebird.

·
Registered
55 Posts
try changing the tail light bulbs.i removed the two screws holding it on and figured it would just pop right off,wrong you have to give it a pretty good little tug and it will pop off.i know one thing now if the screws happened to fall out the tail lights wont

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I just installed my FREE lights from Moe's and with my sport bumper, I had to push down on the bumper cover under the center of the headlight housing. It was catching there & I didn't want to have new scratches!!!

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
HappyHour said:
You can do it that way, and yeah you have to give it a solid pull by the amber reflector to get the housing off. Don't be scared. Now if you want to do it the way I do (I can't get to the bottom rear bolt with my bumper). You can reach it from behind eisily on the pass side. On the driver side all you have to do is remove a bolt holding the fuse box down, a plastic screw, then slide the fuse box toward the center of the truck and move it. Then just reach in and remove the twist lock.
I do it this way. Ridiculously easy compared tothe owner's manual way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.