DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it through to Cabo in 4th place at this year's Baja 1000 in our 2005 Dodge CTD Stock Full!! It was a gruelling race this year...we suffered about 8 hrs of downtime due to a blown Turbo, mangled lower control arms, torn front shock hoops, and phantom electrical problems.
We almost did the impossible, as we conquered the legendary race with a crew of only 9 people including drivers, co-drivers, pit support and a camera man! Our entire team was alert for nearly 61 hours straight with only short naps enroute to different pit locations.
It was gruelling, especially with all the problems we encountered...but, persistence paid off!!
If finishing the 1000 wasn't enough...I got married to my beautiful wife Robyn in Cabo yesterday :rck: :can_pat:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sounds like a blast, the racing I mean. :rck:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats! Long live the Cummins!

Another blown turbo?
Do you have a run down of who was on your team this trip?

Second tour of Baja 1000 I believe for them.

Congrats on the marriage too!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats on both! Great looking pic also.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats to the HRT team,I had heard you guys had some no shows,that always sucks.
Any word on the 861 or 867?

Bob

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
congrats on the race and on the marriage, thats a keeper forsure!

having all those issues and still finishing 4th is flawless...big congrats, now go get some sleep..lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bob4x4 said:
Congrats to the HRT team,I had heard you guys had some no shows,that always sucks.
Any word on the 861 or 867?

Bob

Thanks Bob...Worthington shut her down around RM 550 due to computer problems, and Kent was out at RM 885 with uncureable Tranny problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As for doing this with 9 people...it wasn't easy! We had 3 sets of Driver/Co-drivers. I drove the first 470 miles to El Crucearo - then swapped out and the next crew took it from there to San Ignacio. Our 3rd det of drivers took the CTD to San Arita - I then hopped in again and brought it to the finish line.
We had all hands on deck at each pit to help fuel and inspect the truck and dispursed people as necessary to help where needed. Luckily all our big problems were fixed in the pits other than a control arm swap and wiring problems in the field. The whole crew stayed up for over 61 hours leap frogging down the peninsula!! Our team was truely hard core!! My now "wife" was even there every step of the way...she rocks!!

Thanks to each and everyone of our crew for making the impossible - possible...it was a true team effort!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
thanks for the info i passed on the info onto another site!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations to Kevin, and all of HRT Canada Race... Team KORE salutes you on a great race. I know how tired you all must have been. After our disappointing race ender, all we could do was hope you guys could close the gap and get on the podium. That wasn't to be, but a great finish never the less. See you when you get back in the states.

KP

·
Registered
807 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :can_pat: :ylsuper: :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.