DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you paint your oem chrome grille? Will it come out the same as buying a paintable shell? Has anyone done this? If so, how much does it cost?
Thanks

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
You could probably do it yourself.....BUT, having it done would most likely cost more than just straight up buying a painted sport shell. You can even get a shaved grille shell from slammed1 and it does not have the Ram's head on top. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Send a PM to slammed1.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
You can buy one off of Brian and get it painted for far less than $350. Or if you wanna stick to Mopar only parts you can order from these guys. This is a copy of what I received in an email.

Hello Kenneth,

Thanks for your inquiry. A complete red sport grille assembly is $349.00 plus freight which varies depending on your zip code. Most dealers will charge you full retail which is $509.00. If you are interested in purchasing this please call 1-866-303-3005 between 8AM and 5PM central time. Thank You!

Clint Taft
Parts Manager
Wyatt Arp Chrysler-Dodge
I can't imagine shipping being over $50 so then your at $400 basically.

KB

·
BAMF
1,909 Posts
Wyatt Arp is a good group of folks. I recently did a spot of business with them for my Mopar Cold Air Intake. They're very friendly and ship FAST for a reasonable price. I'll probably use them for quite a few more mods...including a new front grill. Trying to keep it Mopar ONLY for right now...just being picky, I guess. (besides, I like the ram head on the front)

Back to the original topic of this thread, I have seen one that a guy painted...and it looked like crap. It looked like he hit it with a rattle can, and it was all peeling off...then again, the whole truck looked pretty rough...half-assed everything about it. :nutkick:

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
You can paint it, but you need to prep it correctly... Here is mine, I literally peeled all the chrome plating off the shell, sanded it well, cleaned the CRAP out of it with MEK, used Bulldog Adheisve promoter, Primed, Shot, then CLeared it with 3 coats, wetsanding inbetween. to finish it up, I used 3M Finesse and buffed it to a shine. As you can see, it looks great. Its allot of work, but I was down for the challenge, and I did it all myself saving me tons of money. If your up for it, It can be done, If not, Just buy one

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I painted my inserts myself. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I painted my inserts myself. :D
I have always thought your inserts looks bad ass bro! I thought about doing that to mine. The above picture is before I installed the OEM Billet insert on mine. While it looks SICK on a black truck... Im not so sure how it would look on a red truck. I dunno... Still kicking that idea around...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.