Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
94slt4x4sb
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
any one know where to look ?
for a 1995 ,found pictures what plug looks like but no where to plug it in to?
did ot think would be this hard to find ,any one have pics with ahooked up controller ? thanks

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
i could not find my plug on my 06 i had to hard wire mine

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Its there if you have the trailer package. 94 was the first year for the integrated plug in the wiring harness.

·
94slt4x4sb
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
has the tow package for i can tell , 7 way plug under rear bumper , looked again al over under dash still no luck , any idea how to maybe trace the wires ? what color should plug be ? no luck with plug is on left side of steering column taped to ?

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Its a blue plug. It is there. In 95 it could have been clipped to the firewall also. That was many trucks ago and I forget where each one was but it is there.

·
15,904 Posts
Just keep in mind that just because there is a 7-pin, does not mean that the truck came with the prep package. You should be able to send an e-mail to Dodge with your VIN# and get your build sheet to verify.

·
I like cheese
688 Posts
PM me the last 9 digits of your VIN and I should be able to tell you.

·
94slt4x4sb
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still looking did find 1 light blue wire labled maximum 15 amp trailer tow B-
guessing thereis no plug need to hard wire ? how can do pos and neg , thisblueone is for ? and there is no single wire on the brake switch ,there are 5 or 6 coming out off the plug ?

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Did you pm Big_Nick your last 9 numbers in the vin to see if your truck really came with the trailer tow package?

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
Alright, found the "Baby Blue" plug to really be a light blue base with a black connector, Plug for the scanner to check codes? Anyway, found wires below steering colum, 2 blue, 2 black, 1 white clipped and no tape or anything to keep it from sparking. Would that be the wires for the controller? :huh:

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
The plug is there then. Do you have the male end to plug into it when you find it?

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
If your truck came with the tow package then the plug is there. You need to get the other end of it so you can match them up. Its around the steering column base someplace. some were actually clipped into the steering column on the back side. My 95 was like 7 trucks ago so I can't remember where it was. Hell, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday..................

·
15,904 Posts
If your truck came with the tow package then the plug is there. You need to get the other end of it so you can match them up. Its around the steering column base someplace. some were actually clipped into the steering column on the back side. My 95 was like 7 trucks ago so I can't remember where it was. Hell, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday..................
It's the alzheimers!! LOL :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.