DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I am moving (even in the 1.5 mph rush hour traffic of Northern Virginia), my nav system tells me that the keyboard has been disabled while the vehicle is in motion...some kind of crazy safety feature.

Anyway, any thoughts of how I can trick it to think I'm standing still but be able to use the keyboard function for plot out my destination?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yeah the in-motion menu is pretty limiting ... I think we are out of luck though. What bugs me worse is the warning message that shows everytime the nav system starts. It would be OK if it automatically went away after a few minutes, but it doesn't (that I can tell ... and I have let it sit there for a while) ... you have to hit "OK" to move into the map.

·
Registered
984 Posts
On Cadillac's system in the SRX you can hit a few buttons to bring up a service keypad, and entering a 4-digit code lets you watch DVD's while moving (which you can't usually do on the caddy, not sure about the RB1). I havent found one for unlocking the menus yet, though.

Maybe DC has something similar on their systems, apparently the above code was had from a very kind GM tech.

·
Registered
96 Posts
pull the very thin white connector on the back of the radio (bus communication),but the steering wheel controls wont work after that probally,, try it

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
mayo said:
.. but the steering wheel controls wont work after that probally,, try it
Might be worth a try, but I have to have steering wheel controls ... I love that!!

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
my cousin has his disabled somehow , something about a park override switch i will find out and get back to you guys

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hemi_outlaw said:
my cousin has his disabled somehow , something about a park override switch i will find out and get back to you guys
Any update HEMI_OUTLAW?

·
MFIC
682 Posts
yo did you figure this out yet???? I am very interested. i love how you can scroll the map across the country while driving, but you cant find a place to eat by interest while driving. LAME.

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
i have to figure out the schematic of the wires , if you would see if there is a wire going to the parking brake relay , if so unhook it and ground it and that should enable all of the features while driving . if not i will find out which wire it is .

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Hah, please do, cause there are about 20 wires or so to choose from if I remember correctly..

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
can you look at the parking brake swith and see how many wires are hooked in it should be two let me know and i will let you know which one to unhook and ground out

·
MFIC
682 Posts
umm.. unless im totally blind or have no idea what I am looking at, i only see a green wire.

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
ok well let me dig a bit and i will find what wire disables the park feature i will get back to you this evening .

·
MFIC
682 Posts
bump...

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
hemi_outlaw said:
i have to figure out the schematic of the wires , if you would see if there is a wire going to the parking brake relay , if so unhook it and ground it and that should enable all of the features while driving . if not i will find out which wire it is .
Thats what you got to do. Have talked to aguy who has done this. Cant tell you WHICH wire it is but hes got the right idea.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
"Bump" means bumping the thread to the top. So it doesnt slip away un-noticed.

KB

·
MFIC
682 Posts
bump, bump bump it up! :help: :help: :help:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.