DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
Slammed1 runs them and he's on the ground, choose your offset right and they'll be small enough

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chauncy ,, I know he is low but he isn't on the ground I for one am and tire size can be all the difference weather i need to narrow or now i have 9.5 inch wheels iwth a 5.5 offset a 265/35 will not rub but a 305/40 may.. The reason for this post is
i can pay for 265/35s or get free 305/40s

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
it doesn't matter if you "rub" aired out, only worry if you're rubbing while moving so you don't tear shit up

so what if you're half an inch off the ground instead of on it>?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chauncy i want to set the truck up so i can roll less then a 1/2 inch of the ground , and drag if i choose to. So there for i can not rub during any pressure i put in the bag .. this is my delema . Thanks for your input though it is appreciated

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
send me the FREE 305/40s and then your descion will be made lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
is it like a sponsorship cuz damn ill take that any day

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
that tire is way to big for what you want and the drop you have.......most 22's on bagged rams are running no more than a 29.5 inch tire and maybe a select few with a 30.0 incher.........Im like everyone else though and would like to get sponsored a set myself.........no chance though!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea brian i hear what your saying that has been my delema

but i been looking at the tire more and more , and the only issue is the width of the tire , the actually hiedgth isn't bad cause i set mine up to lay out with the stock tire and the 40 series matches up best with the stock 17, but the width is where im havin the issues..

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
if your 17 is 245/70 then its around 29.5(roughly) if its 265/70 then YES you are around 31.6(roughly).....the width is important which is much more than what you have now but the rim offset is equally as important while trying to drive almost layed out......looks like you have relocated a lot of items for clearance so you may be OK but remember its easier to lay out with shorter tires than taller ones......and it doesnt have to go as far!!!

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
did you cut and/or roll your fender lips yet? I rub layed out with my 285s. When I finish up the suspension in a few-ish weeks I will have to have that finished up. Thats the reason why I am trying to sell my wheels this upcoming winter and either go to a different offset wheel in 22", put 24's on, or worst case keep the wheels and run 265/35/22

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i cut the lips out as well as all the bed supports that were glued in. i will have to reglue in new ones later when i have the bed sheet metal done. But the 22x9.5 with the 5.5 backspacing comes about 1/2 inch from rubbing with no tire , So i need something pretty much level with the wheel. So the 305/40 is pretty much out of the question. As for heidgt brian that isn't a factor i need to worry just the width cause of the bedside lol..

What does it take to get sponsored on something like that?? Or do you just have to know the right people?? Must be nice!!!
It is extremly hard and you have to go to as many shows as you can so that you can show them what them helping you with a product will do for them.
You have to give them your proposol and they will decide from there, its hard and you have like a 1/100 shot .. ANd unless you do know someone chances are you are not getting sponosored. i just got lucky cause there isn't that many bagged rams in the show scene. And yes it is nice i barely got anything done and have $4000 in just parts alone They also like to see custom stuff. not just "my plans are to put some big wheels and an intake"

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
hmmm, I may have to send out some proposals soon.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
with it bagged on wheels and the body work you have done.. i would suggest it . it doesn't hurt just your time.. once you do finally get a few they start coming in more and more..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.