DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a red 03 cummins, with those aluminum 5 spokes, mine are fairly scratched, so its either time to polish them up real nice, or i was thinkin of powder coating them black, or something.. and leaving the center cap grey, might look alright? im not sure if its safe to heat them things up, or if there is a better alternative. any insight would be nice, thanks

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Yes, you can powdercoat anything metal or aluminum

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
03cumminsmtz said:
i have a red 03 cummins, with those aluminum 5 spokes, mine are fairly scratched, so its either time to polish them up real nice, or i was thinkin of powder coating them black, or something.. and leaving the center cap grey, might look alright? im not sure if its safe to heat them things up, or if there is a better alternative. any insight would be nice, thanks
Yes you can! Just have a quality shop do it for you! The secret to good powder coating is all in the preparation.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yep, they will have to sand blast them first to get anything like a clear coat off of them.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I had my aluminum rims Powder coated and I honestly would NOT pay to do it again... I would have them painted the next time. Its cheaper to have them painted and hte finish is just as good if not better... and in the future you can change the color if you wanted too... with the powder coatings it will cost a ton of $$ to have the powder coating stripped off just to have them re done.... Again I was not completely impressed after I got mine back.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
I had my aluminum rims Powder coated and I honestly would NOT pay to do it again... I would have them painted the next time. Its cheaper to have them painted and hte finish is just as good if not better... and in the future you can change the color if you wanted too... with the powder coatings it will cost a ton of $$ to have the powder coating stripped off just to have them re done.... Again I was not completely impressed after I got mine back.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Nick...you back home yet??

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
No not yet, I will be home tomorrow night.... Im still here in Italy visiting my wife.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Italy? Damn you are a dodgetalkaholic. J/K. i am too

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
either i'll powder coat them in a gun metal color, or polish the hell out of them.. all sides and edges, not sure yet my trucks red with chrome wheel well mouldings and stripes along the bottoms..

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
sorry not trying to hijack but Ram3500dually how did you gain 360lbs on that 2nd run you made in your sig that you went 15.4 on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.