DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Circuit City and they had these subs in huge boxes that sounded great. It was one sub per box. If I put then side by side it would take up the with of my truck. Can I mount them in my bed up against the cab? I have a fiberglass bed cover. I saw this done on MTV Cribs. How well would this work?

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
what size subs and how big is the box?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would think that if you were to do that, you'd want to do it right with a blow through.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First..I'll try to get a link

Second..whats a blow through?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant paste the link for some reason. But go to circuit city's web site and look at the loaded enclosures. Its the Kicker 15"

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is a blow through....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea that's pretty cool, please tell me more.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Here is also my blowthrough with eight 12's. Grab a sawsall and get to work, its only metal.:D I used a camper shell accordian boot in between the cab and bed to seal out water.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
jerhemi said:
ok...this may sound dumb....but do the rear seats in the gen III quads fold down like that from the factory?
There are clips on the back wall (circled in yellow) that hold the rear seat. Just flip those clips 180 and you will now be able to fold your seat up or down and it still locks against the back wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy S%&# thats a nice setup. Mad props man, and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
There are clips on the back wall (circled in yellow) that hold the rear seat. Just flip those clips 180 and you will now be able to fold your seat up or down and it still locks against the back wall.
awesome! thanks! ....how do i get them to fold down the first time so i can flip the retaining/lock clips?

thanks again!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The first time... gotta remove the rear seats. Also once you flip them... you might have to bend them just a bit to get them to latch correctly.

·
Registered
890 Posts
hammerheadtib said:
Holy S%&# thats a nice setup. Mad props man, and thanks for the info.
I can't take credit for that. I don't have that kind of commitment. LOL
The truck belonged to a guy here in Georgia. One of the biggest audio/video nuts I know. The first person I know of who put a 15" monitor in his dash. He has since traded it in on a jeep.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Yes, all the bolts for the rear seat are at the base of the seat. The seat back and bench are one piece. Just remove the bolts underneath and lift up and pull forward. Then just flip the little boogers upside down and re bolt everything. You don't even need to cut the cardboard for the metal rings, it'll crush the perfect amount & still look great!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.