DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know it kicks on about 118 and I hit it hard! I mean real hard in fourth gear so I know she has lots more in her but I wanna go all the way! How do I turn it off? Do I have to get a whole new PCM of can I just pick up a programmer? I just know I want no limit and all in!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sorry man, from everything I've heard you have to buy a new PCM. Try Howellautomotive.com.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Before going faster be sure to check the speed rating on your tires, think about brakes etc. I know of just a pcm upgrade as stated above.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I know all that im running on toyo proxis 4's have like a z rating im not 100% but I think they will handle whatever I throw at em. but is there anywhere else I can pick up the PCM? they have blocked howellautomotives.com here in Iraq. them [email protected]#$es!! i seem to have no luck that way

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know all that, im running on toyo proxis 4's have like a z rating im not 100% but I think they will handle whatever I throw at em. but is there anywhere else I can pick up the PCM? they have blocked howellautomotives.com here in Iraq. them [email protected]#$es!! i seem to have no luck that way

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Seeing how you have an 05 model which has the NGC PCM, there is no company makeing a PCM for your car. You can tap into the VSS and wire in a switch that shuts off the VSS's signal to the PCM when you want to. That way yould have a speedo up to the point you flip the switch. Sounds like a way around it to me "But" there may be a problem with that.

If you really want to build up a neon I suggest you sell that one and get a earlier model
that has a regular PCM that you can change. Heck for the money you could get out of your newer one you could buy and build a 1st gen. LOL And then be done with it! Good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i would love to but you know anyone with a 95 that is in great shape? over all i hear they are the best for what i want to do.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
You can buy a good one for about 2K. I see them in the bulletin boards all the time for less than 1K. Alot of dip shits blow the time belt and bend valves. If you want to build one up that would be the way to go. Get it for less than 500 bucks with a good body and a blown motor then rebuild the motor to what you want.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
realy ant a bad idea i might do that and still keep the one i got

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
We were just talking about bypassing the speed sensor on the stock PCM on neons.org. I dont know exactly what needs to be done (dont really care, running a Mopar PCM), but you can browse through it if you want. Something about splicing the wire from the VSS sensor to the PCM into two separate signals, one to the speed limiter and one to the speedometer, and then terminating the one to the speed limiter. So your speedometer will still readout, but the computer will not know how fast you are going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.