DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically i cut the muffler and resonator off and have it just dumped right after the bed...
so 3" factory pipe into a 3" turndown

question is, other than my cats falling off or me getting headers...
is there any way for me to get it louder?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Put a cut out before the cat.

·
Registered
504 Posts
a buddy of mine has an 05 quad, 4.7, TRUE dual, straight pipes, cats but no mufflers, stainless tips, and i must say its effin loud, he's got quite a stack of noise violations

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
put a cutout on....that is if u ever receive it, I've been waiting since the first of August....supposedly Flowtech (according to DMH) is out of 2.5" dumps.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Why in sam hell would you want it any louder? It honestly can't sound that good...

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so most recomendations are for a cut out. but i basically have what a cut out is going to do.
i just have the 2 pre cats, factory restricting y pipe and then a turn down before the rear axel.
hmmm

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That's why I suggested putting it before the cat.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Just buy a couple of cut-outs and mount them right behind your headers(if you get some) and it will like running open headers and should be plenty loud enough for ya. :D I ran open longtube headers on my old 78 Camaro that had a 350 small block and it was very loud.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
my buddy runs and own Quick Time Performance. his shop is down the street from me. anytime i have a prob i bring it to him and he fixes it no charge. he has been doing some crazy stuff with the cut outs thats for sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why in sam hell would you want it any louder? It honestly can't sound that good...
I was thinking the same. Loud is fun until you drive a 500mi trip like that at 75mph. Just something for the OP to consider, I busted the pipe off a minivan I drove (3.0l caravan) when I was 18 (accidental break, not intentional) and prompty got a 375$ noise and safety violation before I could even get to the shop :cheerl:

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
my buddy runs and own Quick Time Performance. his shop is down the street from me. anytime i have a prob i bring it to him and he fixes it no charge. he has been doing some crazy stuff with the cut outs thats for sure.
So when is the group buy?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
im going to his shop this week or next to pick somthing up for my buddy ill talk to him. he sell a lot of sick stuff. i know he sells mufflers that have the cut outs built into them. so when the cut out is closed it runs threw the muffler and then when u open the cut out it runs open. hard to explane but i tryed. i will be posting a video soon. he wants to record me with my dump open and then closed and post it on his site. check his sight out guys.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Headers with cutout or cutouts is gonna be loud as f**k. I have a cutout on my Y after the headers and before Cat. I drove it uncapped for a romp the other night. It was insanely loud.

KB

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i wish i knew what a cutout sounded like. I may just have to get my money back & buy a diff brand, even if it costs more.

SO when u open the cutout...its like Oh, sh%t!.......?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
You're probably losing low end performance like crazy with your set up.

What about getting a PA system and just driving around playing static at full volume? That would be pretty loud and annoying.

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
You're probably losing low end performance like crazy with your set up.

What about getting a PA system and just driving around playing static at full volume? That would be pretty loud and annoying.
Better yet, get some audio of a top fuel dragster and run that through a PA system. Can you imagine the looks sitting at a stoplight soundling like a top fuely at idle?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Drive down my street and get a busted window.... LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.